Since the forelast update (on April 9th), my whole system has been randomly freezing and this is happening more and more often. Here is how it happens : First, the mouse cursor vanishes, then everything freezes and the cursor comes back. The only things I can do is move the cursor and go to a tty to kill Xorg, everything else is unresponsive. I installed the latest LTS kernel (5.10), thinking that maybe, it could eventually solve it… The system froze as well and I got a black screen after 5 minutes of use . Also it happens in plasma and the awesome wm.
What annoys me is that it happens more and more often and I was unable to notice what would cause this. But what annoys me even more is that I have no idea about where to start investigations to find out the cause of this.
Does anyone have any idea where to start ? (I couldn’t find any on similar topics )
Here is my inxi -F btw :
System: Host: ZaManjaro Kernel: 5.4.112-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.21.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux Machine: Type: Laptop System: ASUSTeK product: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X570ZD_R570ZD v: 1.0 serial: <superuser required> Mobo: ASUSTeK model: X570ZD v: 1.0 serial: <superuser required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: X570ZD.310 date: 07/04/2019 Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 40.4 Wh (100.0%) condition: 40.4/48.1 Wh (84.1%) volts: 11.7 min: 11.7 CPU: Info: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx bits: 64 type: MT MCP cache: L2: 2 MiB Speed: 1840 MHz min/max: 1600/2000 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1840 2: 1886 3: 1592 4: 1594 5: 1509 6: 1534 7: 1514 8: 1533 Graphics: Device-1: NVIDIA GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile] driver: nvidia v: 460.67 Device-2: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] driver: amdgpu v: kernel Device-3: IMC Networks USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam type: USB driver: uvcvideo Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: ati,modesetting,nvidia unloaded: nouveau resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics (RAVEN DRM 3.35.0 5.4.112-1-MANJARO LLVM 11.1.0) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.0.1 Audio: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio driver: snd_hda_intel Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 17h HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.4.112-1-MANJARO running: yes Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 14.2 running: yes Network: Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath10k_pci IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: c0:e4:34:18:d6:45 Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169 IF: enp3s0 state: down mac: 04:d9:f5:01:0a:82 Bluetooth: Device-1: IMC Networks type: USB driver: btusb Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 1 state: down bt-service: enabled,running rfk-block: hardware: no software: yes address: see --recommends Drives: Local Storage: total: 476.94 GiB used: 113.56 GiB (23.8%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Kingston model: RBUSNS8180DS3512GJ size: 476.94 GiB Partition: ID-1: / size: 468.16 GiB used: 113.56 GiB (24.3%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2 ID-2: /boot/efi size: 299.4 MiB used: 280 KiB (0.1%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/sda1 Swap: Alert: No swap data was found. Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 59.2 C mobo: 0 C gpu: amdgpu temp: 59.0 C Fan Speeds (RPM): cpu: 3300 Info: Processes: 225 Uptime: 1h 22m Memory: 6.8 GiB used: 3.1 GiB (45.6%) Shell: fish inxi: 3.3.04
thanks and have a nice evening