System only runs perfect with kernel 5.15 LTS

Running BeeLink Mini GK35 w/ Viewsonic 24" monitor. System only runs perfect with kernel 5.15 LTS

inxi-G shows

Device-1: Intel GeminiLake [UHD Graphics 600] driver: i915 v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.8 with: Xwayland v: 23.1.1 driver: X:
  loaded: modesetting dri: iris gpu: i915
  resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
API: OpenGL v: 4.6 Mesa 23.0.1 renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 600 (GLK2)

Manjaro settings manager show setting as video-linux

Trying to run the latest 6.1 LTS kernel the screen flickers badly only works with kernel 5.15 LTS
Tried adding i915.enable_psr=0 to grub but that doesn’t work. I’m wondering if video-linux & modesetting are in conflict. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

On one of my systems I also had a flickering problem. I had to lower the frequency to less than 60Hz because as default 60.05Hz was chosen.

Considering video-linux is an umbrella for open drivers and that includes modesetting … I highly doubt it.

Do you have some reason to be chasing kernel 6.1 ?
(since you didnt provide full system info we can only guess so well).

It was released less than 6 months ago, and 5.15 will be supported until almost 2027.

System fixed after latest Manjaro update Kernel 6.1.23-1 & plasma 5.27.4 No more flickering screen

That was only a temporary fix. The flickering came back. Switched to kernel 5.15 solved the problem.