Synchronizing package databases...(mesa-nonfree.db)

I am doing this:

git clone --depth 1 https://gitlab.manjaro.org/packages/extra/mesa
cd mesa
makepkg --clean --syncdeps --log
WARNING: Tried to mix libraries for machines build machine and host machine in target 'intel_clc' This will fail in cross build.
WARNING: Tried to mix libraries for machines build machine and host machine in target 'intel_clc' This will fail in cross build.
Compiler for C supports link arguments -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions: YES (cached)
Compiler for C supports link arguments -Wl,-z,relro: YES (cached)

mesa-23.3.1/src/intel/vulkan/grl/meson.build:112:30: ERROR: Index 1 out of bounds of array of size 1.

A full log can be found at /home/test/Development/Manjaro Build/build/mesa/src/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt

…src/build/meson-logs/meson-log.txt:

gpu/misc.cl:copy_mock:
gpu/misc.cl:mem_set:
gpu/misc.cl:mem_set_size_ptr:

--- stderr ---
WARNING: no p_error() function is defined
WARNING: Token 'OP' defined, but not used
WARNING: There is 1 unused token
Generating LALR tables

mesa-23.3.1/src/intel/vulkan/grl/meson.build:112:30: ERROR: Index 1 out of bounds of array of size 1.

Remove --depth 1.

Same result.

And you tested it in one minute since you replied that fast?

Yes. Its failing pretty fast in the process.

Try deleting whole mesa folder and retry.

If still failing I might suggest checking any options for makepkg (makepkg.conf)

Yes, I dit it of course.

Removed march option. Still failing. Will try to spin VM now and check on clean system.

You can build in clean chroot. I don’t know if manjaro has different tools but here it is for arch: DeveloperWiki:Building in a clean chroot - ArchWiki

1 Like

Finally installed it. XFCE edition and it builds just fine.
So my system apparently broken…

Ok, thank you, will try this out.

Now I finally installed a VM with Manjaro and I tried to test my method, but I have this error:

==> Verifying source file signatures with gpg...
    mesa-23.3.1.tar.xz ... FAILED (unknown public key 8D8E31AFC32428A6)
==> ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could not be verified!

What is the proper workaround for that?

gpg --recv-keys 8D8E31AFC32428A6 

On a fresh VM, the build seems ok… Now will see on my real system…

renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libxatracker.so.2.5.0' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libxatracker.so.2.5.0'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/include' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/include'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/pkgconfig' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/pkgconfig'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0.0.0' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0.0.0'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libEGL_mesa.so' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libEGL_mesa.so'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libEGL_mesa.so.0' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libEGL_mesa.so.0'
renamed 'fakeinstall/usr/lib/libEGL_mesa.so.0.0.0' -> '/home/icevoodoo/tmp/mesa/pkg/mesa/usr/lib/libEGL_mesa.so.0.0.0'
==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "mesa"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: mesa 1:23.3.1-1 (Du 17 dec 2023 18:34:53 +0200)
==> Cleaning up...

Installation was ok also and rebooted w/o problems on VM…

makepkg --install                                      ✔  58m 27s  
==> WARNING: The package group has already been built, installing existing packages...
==> Installing mesa package group with pacman -U...
[sudo] password for icevoodoo: 
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (10) libva-mesa-driver-1:23.3.1-1  mesa-1:23.3.1-1  mesa-vdpau-1:23.3.1-1
              opencl-clover-mesa-1:23.3.1-1  opencl-rusticl-mesa-1:23.3.1-1  vulkan-intel-1:23.3.1-1
              vulkan-mesa-layers-1:23.3.1-1  vulkan-radeon-1:23.3.1-1  vulkan-swrast-1:23.3.1-1
              vulkan-virtio-1:23.3.1-1

Total Installed Size:  272,68 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      170,89 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 

Workaround in yay makepkg is --skippgpcheck. But why workaround when you can just add the key

gpg --recv-keys <key-id>
1 Like

Because I didn’t know if it is safe or not…

gpg: key 8D8E31AFC32428A6: public key "Eric Engestrom <eric@engestrom.ch>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1

I have compiled on my system, and everything was ok, but when I try to install I have this option and I don’t know what to do next…

makepkg --install                                                                                                       ✔ 
==> WARNING: The package group has already been built, installing existing packages...
==> Installing mesa package group with pacman -U...
[sudo] password for xxxxxxx: 
loading packages...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: opencl-clover-mesa and opencl-mesa are in conflict. Remove opencl-mesa? [y/N]

It’s a replacement, so Y. Btw, if you need 32-bit version you’ll have to build lib32-mesa too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do I need to rebuild this one too, and how? Is there a catch to this?

I’m just telling you if you need 32-bit versions you might want to do exactly the same thing with lib32-mesa.

IF you need …

How?
I didn’t have even a cursory look at what using that package may entail.

Steam for example depends on a package that depends on lib32-mesa. @iCEVooDoo honestly I wouldn’t bother until something doesn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue:

In some previous versions, I see those 2 lines:

-D video-codecs=vc1dec,h264dec,h264enc,h265dec,h265enc \
    -D valgrind=enabled

The first one now doesn’t exist, and the second one is disabled. So I must add the first one and enable the second one, I guess…

PS: Day by day I realize that open source is not open source, and the people are very cryptic in helping others, or giving info. I hope this will not happen to one of us when we go to a surgeon or a medic and have some health problems… :sweat_smile: