Switch Keyboardlayout, Manjaro 20.2 Cinnamon Edition

Hallo,

ich habe vor ca. 2 Wochen von Linux Mint zu Manjaro gewechselt.
So weit alles ok.
Kopfzerbrechen bereitet mir allerdings das Umschalten zwischen 2 Tastaturbelegungen .

Beim wechsel der Tastenkombination für das Umschalten erfolgt folgende Meldung

Error Activating XKB configuration.
There can be several reasons for it.

Der folgende Befehl xprop -root |grep XKB liefert folgendes Ergebnis:

_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = “evdev”, “”, “de”, “”, ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = “evdev”, “pc105”, “de,gr”, “”, "grp:alt_shift_toggle,numpad:microsoft"

Habe etwas gegoogelt und folgende “Lösung” gefunden.
Folgende Zeile unter Startprogramme gestartet:

setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout de,gr -option grp:alt_shift_toggle -option numpad:microsoft

Verhalten ist korrekt ich kann zwischen Deutsch und Griechisch wechseln, allerdings kommt die Fehlermeldung nach dem Neustart wieder.

Danke
Rudi

Did you have a look here: Xorg/Keyboard configuration - ArchWiki

to make the changes persist across reboots.

Hello,

thanks for the hint .
I try the command localectl --no-convert set-x11-keymap de,gr pc105 , grp:alt_shift_toggle
I think the settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf are now correct but without the command
setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout de,gr -option grp:alt_shift_toggle -option numpad:microsoft in autostart I can not switch between the two layouts and with this command I can switch but I get the Error again.
I think it is a problem of the Cinnamon version because Manjaro KDE in a virtual box works correct
Rudi

Hello ,

with the update from today from Cinnamon 4.8 to 4.8.3 the problem is solved.
You can set the correct keyboard within the GUI ( Systemeinstellungen ->Tastatur->Tastaturbelegungen )
Here you can set additional keyboards and with Optionen-> Wechsel in eine andere Belegung the Hotkey for changing the layout.

Hello RudiW,
I have a fresh install of Manjaro with Cinnamon 4.8.3 but has the same problem as mentioned above. Installed swedish version and trying to add a spanish keyboard.
Error Activating XKB configuration.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated
Peter

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.