Superslicer crashes with “Memory access error (memory dump written)”

Superslicer does crash with “Memory access error (memory dump written)” direct after start.

Arch Linux has an newer PKGBUILD. I have manual build and testing it. This version does not crash.

So this package should be updated, because it is current unusable.

latest version of superslicer 1:2.4.58.3-2 is available in Testing and Unstable branches since 30 July 2022 - Packages | manjaro

maybe it should move to stable, because the current stable is not usable?

It will probably be released to stable branch soon
If you need a working version sooner you could switch branches
Switching Branches - Manjaro

Thanks. But I have already build and install the PKGBUILD by myself.
But for other (inexperienced) user switching to unstable / building the PKGBUILD is not an option.

It definitely is, three valid options (Testing branch, Unstable branch, building the package youself) while waiting for the package to reach Stable branch. Only very important packages have special treatment and got fast tracked to Stable (browsers, security updates, things like that).

1 Like

for other (inexperienced) user switching to unstable / building the PKGBUILD is not an option

You appear to have a very low expectation of new user capabilities

A new user can copy/paste 2 commands from Manjaro wiki to switch branches

Only one command would be needed to build new package but command has not been posted here for new users to copy/paste

If a user considers both options are beyond their capabilities to attempt they should follow this discussion
(click the green bell icon on the right and change status to Watching)
When new version is available in stable repository I will confirm here before closing topic

@nikgnomic

You appear to have a very low expectation of new user capabilities

Branch compare is not working ATM to show that superslicer 1:2.4.58.4-1 was released to all Manjaro branches 14 Aug 2022

But the new version can be seen in up to date mirrors:
https://mirrors.fossho.st/manjaro/stable/community/x86_64/superslicer-1%3A2.4.58.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
https://manjaro.moson.eu/stable/community/x86_64/superslicer-1%3A2.4.58.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst