Stuck on manjaro: clean, 757848/12550144 files, 27961682/50200576 blocks

i updated the system, then clicked restart and it got stuck on manjaro: clean, 757848/12550144 files, 27961682/50200576 blocks during boot.

cpu: inteli5 9th gen
gpu: nvidia gt geforce 730
kde

Hi @sjsj82,

This confused the heck out of me as well. But it’s nothing to worry about. Just leave it to finish. It might feel like it takes a long time, but in reality it’s not so bad.

It’s because an fsck hook was added to the startup and shutdown of the PC. It just ensures that everything is healthy on your file system(s). I think it’ll be a bigger worry if it didn’t say clean...

it was there for a whole day yesterday and i had to shutdown before night.

I can’t help you with that. So maybe, hopefully, someone else knows and can. Because that message says everything is clean

ok thank you

Hello @sjsj82 and welcome :wink:

Looks like the same issue like in this thread:

It is also GT730 …

It happens to me sometimes after an update. I know its not the answer but if I force reboot (press and hold power button on laptop) then my laptop will boot up normally

i tried that too, but it comes back to that stage again

thank you so much ill try that out.

sjsj82 …

I believe if you remove the option QUIET from the GruB it will stream some error messages while stuck at that point, which may help you to troubleshoot where the holdup is.

-pcwolf (just some rando Manjaro dude)

sorry for asking this noob question but what does adding the nvidi modules to the image mean, should i navigate to that directory and paste, enter this command or nano and add this line, and btw, as for the second step (kernal installing)
mhwd-kernal --install linux510 doesnt work,
output= mhwd-kernal : command not found

That’s because it’s kernel. :wink: So, it would be:

mhwd-kernel --install linux510

B.T.W.:

In the future, please wrap any terminal output in three backticks (```) before and after the terminal text. Like this:

```
pasted terminal output here
```

This just ensures that it’s rendered correctly, like this:

Erat euismod euismod
interdum quam ut
eros lacus facilisis fusce
nulla et nisi lorem erat
condimentum interdum
facilisis maximus vivamus nunc elit ut id vel.

Instead of like this:

Erat euismod euismod interdum quam ut eros lacus facilisis fusce nulla et nisi lorem erat condimentum interdum facilisis maximus vivamus nunc elit ut id vel.

Which improves the legibility a lot.

Alternatively, once the text is pasted, select it and press the </> button on the editor’s toolbar.