After looking at different workflows to achieve that, I found a way to keep the “tiled galleries” by doing changing the plugin that created the galleries (I now us Meow galleries), and by using the “Print to pdf” option in my browser (Firefox).
The workflow is the following
- Load blog page (with several articles), save page to html file (local disk)
- Modify the html file (delete some elements, adjust CSS)
- Print html file to pdf
- Print pdf to physical
The issue comes from step 3: the pdf generated is missing some pictures. I usually starts around page 30 or 35, so I’m assuming it’s an issue of buffer / access to the files. Some pictures are still here, but not all. The “header pictures” (each article starts with a picture) are always printed.
Some numbers from my last attempt:
Saved html file is about 1.6 MB
In the associated “files” directory: 1389 files, 248.6 MB
When printed to pdf, this transform into a 231 “pages” document
Pictures start to erratically miss from page 36
Current workaround: generate only partial pdf files (“page” 1 to 35, then 36 to 70, etc).
Print to PDF from Chromium on Manjaro KDE: same issue
I also tried from Windows 10 / Firefox / “Microsoft print to PDF”: the print failed