Strange pictures when working with web browsers

Hi!

I have been a very happy Manjaro user for about two years now. While mostly a joy, I noticed that when I work with websites like social media sites where I upload photos, they don’t seem to present themselves properly.

I have attached a screenshot from a case in which I would try to upload a profile picture to Twitter. The end result is a strange jumble of colours. It didn’t used to bother me, but the same problem happened with a special type of “I-am-not-a-robot” test involving moving a slider in a particular place in a picture, only to have the picture in question be a mess as well.

The computer I use is a Dell Latitude E7440, which possesses an i5-4310U processor and (more importantly) Haswell-ULT integrated graphics. I also use Firefox for all my browsing.

Thank you for reading my message!

What extensions are installed? Have you tried with all extensions disabled?

1 Like

Right now I have Bitwarden, Ublock Origins, ClearURLS, Decentraleyes, Multi-Account containers and WebRTC is disabled.

I have tried without any extensions, but the problem seems to remain.

Thanks for taking an interesting into my problem!

Have you tried with a clean profile and no extensions? Does it work when using another browser, Chromium, for instance? Do you have system-wide adblock through a router or pi-hole? If so, does it work with the computer connected directly to the modem? Is it a DNS issue? Can you change to an alternate DNS server (OpenDNS, Google, Yandex, Quad9 as examples) and see if that makes a difference? If you have a firewall, can you disable temporarily and see if that is the issue?

2 Likes

In most cases it just depends on the browser you are using.

So you expect to see the uploaded picture inside the circle? I would rather say it is a java script issue and how different browser run this code.