Strange mirror added to system that broke updates mirror.ibakerserver.pt

I installed a package with pamac, which also did an update. After rebooting the package would not run, so I tried a pamac update which failed.

I then ran pacman -Syyu and got the following error.

:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                  163.5 KiB   817 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 extra                1857.0 KiB  27.1 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 community               7.6 MiB  37.9 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 multilib              170.6 KiB  9.80 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.ibakerserver.pt : The requested URL returned error: 530
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirror.ibakerserver.pt : The requested URL returned error: 530
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirror.ibakerserver.pt : The requested URL returned error: 530
warning: too many errors from mirror.ibakerserver.pt, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

Ran sudo pacman-mirrors -g
Which fixed the problem.

And the mirror.ibakerserver.pt was not on the mirror list - not sure how it got onto my system.

Is a mirror from France and is legit. You can always check the mirrors at https://repo.manjaro.org and see their state before updating, as not all are in sync all the time …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.