Stop badge notifications?

How do I prevent just the “badges” notifications? I can find any setting for this and I find it obnoxious.

I do not require badges. Can they be disabled?

I believe this might be baked into the forum. This gaming trend is commonplace amongst forums, and social media platforms, and has been for a long time. This encourages user participation and helps build an online community.

As far as I am aware, there is no way to disable this; at least, I haven’t noticed any.

If it’s any consolation, the frequency of these badge notifications does tend to decrease over time, once you have established yourself in the forum community.

Cheers.

Ya it feels like it’s trying to hit some sort of gambling/gamification button in my brain. Aside from being of no interest, it gives me the creeps.

1 Like

Preferences > Interface > "Skip new user onboarding tips and badges"

That wont disable all badges/notifications, but it will disable a bunch of the easy/new ones.

2 Likes

thanks @cscs ! I never would have found that

I looked in there, and still didn’t see it. :sunglasses:

I looked in all the preferences before asking of course.

I probably stopped reading the line after “onboarding” because it sounds unrelated.

Why ctrl-f is always better

I somehow managed to avoid all the social media platforms, so this onboarding doesn’t really bother me; it’s amusing, if anything. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.