Stellarium build error on KDE

==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting stellarium-23.3.tar.gz with bsdtar
bsdtar: Failed to set default locale
==> Starting prepare()...
/var/tmp/pamac-build-ivanj/stellarium/PKGBUILD: line 32: patch: command not found
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
    Aborting...

Not sure what to do. I uncommented EN locales and generated it again, but same happens. Also not sure if this error is due to bsdtar or not.

It tells you right here:

You should have prerequisites installed: Arch User Repository - Manjaro

2 Likes

I have done what Add/Remove Software app required, didn’t know I had to go into the abyss of Terminal again. I have also compiled 2 aur packages without issues this way.

Out of suggestion, shouldn’t A/R App install it automatically when you opt to have AUR enabled?

Apparently they didn’t use any of binaries in base-devel.

IMHO no, everyone should do an extensive read on AUR before using it; how it works, etc. My opinion.

I think you chose wrong distro, if you dislike using terminal.

2 Likes

As a last option:
use the FlatPak-version…

I think you chose wrong distro, if you dislike using terminal.

No, I think I’m in the right place. I come from Arch and I’m/was tired of setting up everything manually.

In that regard Manjaro is a breath of fresh air. It’s just that I have been fooled by semi-automatic AUR enabling of Add/Remove app. I thought everything that was needed for AUR to work was already installed.

Ah ok then. I don’t understand what is so much to setup on Arch though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you can always open a new issue on pamac gitlab page: Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

1 Like

I download from Stellarium homepage. Put somewhere in your home folder… Make a desktop link start the binary from there. Works for me.

1 Like

Opened Issue 1391

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.