Steam games and Thrustmaster T300rs controller wheel

Hi,

This is my first foray into gaming on Linux!

My setup is: Linux kernel: 5.15.7-1-MANJARO, Steam: 1.0.0.74-1, Proton: 6.3-8, CPU: i7-10875H, graphics: NVIDIA -106M [GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile], nvidia driver: 495.44-15

I’m trying to play 2 specific games on Steam - KartKraft and Automobilista2. The issue I’m having is that the controller wheel I’m using is not being recognised in either of the games. My wheel is a Thrustmaster T300RS (Playstation model) and is recognized as such.

With the switch in the PS3 position it shows as:

Bus 001 Device 015: ID 044f:b66e ThrustMaster, Inc. Thrustmaster T300RS Racing wheel

With the switch in the PS4 position, it shows as

Bus 001 Device 008: ID 044f:b66d ThrustMaster, Inc. Thrustmaster Racing Wheel FFB

I have mine plugged in but it’s only recognised as a gamepad. I’ve added the kernel module from GitHub - Kimplul/hid-tmff2: Linux kernel module for Thrustmaster T300RS but still no joy. I’ve also tried using the module from the AUR repository hid-tmff2-dkms but the wheel is still not recognised. I’ve also tried to add manually using input bindings in the game but it’s still not recognised.

I’m not sure what else I can do or what logs I can look at to help diagnose. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Got it to work with KartKraft. I believe what made the difference is selecting PS3 mode and then rebooting the machine with the controller still plugged in. The wheel is now recognized in KartKraft. FFB seems to be working as well. I got a nice judder on the wheel when I went off the track! Automobilista2 crashes every time I launch it so I think I’ll just request a refund on AM2 and stick with KK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.