Steam Game launch settings for X-Com2 with AML Console

Hello,
I found on ProtonDB a good collection of launch parameter to accelerate the boot process from X-Com2 (that i bought yesterday at cdkeys collectors edition for only 7€ was nice deal btw.) but after i had to download a Mod Manager (AML) that is required for X-Com2 Linux Mod’s, i had to adjust this launch parameter and a few commands.

Its bad that 2K developer destroyed the Native Linux Support with a additional integrated 2K Launcher but since Alternate Mod Launcher is working, the situation is still okay.

I hope someone can help me to improve this launch options for Steam Proton:

This are the original option (from ProtonDB) and working perfectly, but sadly without Mod’s:

eval $(echo "%command%" | sed 's|2KLauncher/LauncherPatcher.exe|/XCom2-WarOfTheChosen/Binaries/Win64/Xcom2.exe|') -review -noRedScreens -allowConsole -noStartUpMovies gamemoderun %command%

This are the adjustments for the Mod Manager to startup, right now:

eval $(echo "%command%" | sed 's|2KLauncher/LauncherPatcher.exe|alt_launcher/XCOM2 Launcher.exe|') -review -noRedScreens -allowConsole -noStartUpMovies gamemoderun %command%

But this few commands no longer working now with the Alternate Mod Launcher:
-review -noRedScreens -allowConsole -noStartUpMovies gamemoderun

I try to run it with this command line, but its not working:

eval $(echo "%command%" | sed 's|2KLauncher/LauncherPatcher.exe|alt_launcher/XCOM2 Launcher.exe|/XCom2-WarOfTheChosen/Binaries/Win64/Xcom2.exe|') -review -noRedScreens -allowConsole -noStartUpMovies gamemoderun %command%

Somehow the additional command no longer working:

/XCom2-WarOfTheChosen/Binaries/Win64/Xcom2.exe|')

Is this the correct path? The other begin with /

Is this accurate? Does your string have the : at the end? (it probably should not)

1 Like

The Alternate Mod Launcher showing up, so i think it should be correct then.

|2KLauncher/LauncherPatcher.exe|

The default 2kLauncher has also no / “SLASH” and is in the neighbour folder.
Only the Xcom2.exe has this / “SLASH”

After looking closer this : “double point” behind the %command% was just introduced after i pasting the code in this Forum… How that could happend i don’t know…

I’m edit my first posting, because i never used this : “double point” with the startparameter.

I found another way around, i just activated all Mods with AML Console with this command:

eval $(echo "%command%" | sed 's|2KLauncher/LauncherPatcher.exe|alt_launcher/XCOM2 Launcher.exe|') -review -noRedScreens -allowConsole -noStartUpMovies gamemoderun %command%

After that i could replace the launch commands, no more the annoying intro’s and loading screens. AML is only required for a one time setup and all Mod’s still running:

eval $(echo "%command%" | sed 's|2KLauncher/LauncherPatcher.exe|/XCom2-WarOfTheChosen/Binaries/Win64/Xcom2.exe|') -review -noRedScreens -allowConsole -noStartUpMovies gamemoderun %command%

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.