Static sound from PC using Wayland with KDE

The simple point is that you have options, and don’t have to rely on Manjaro. Just saying, Manjaro is not Microsoft. It is not meant to be defensive. I am out of ideas and I guess I will leave at this point. If you have updates I will read it. :wink:

1 Like

I’m well aware that I have other options, but currently, Manjaro is the best choice for me for a variety of reasons, not least of which is the fact that I’ve invested many hours in configuring everything to suit my needs. I wouldn’t want to start from scratch again. Therefore, as one would naturally expect, I would prefer to solve the problem, as formatting and reinstalling is a more fitting approach for Windows, certainly not for Linux.

In any case, I am continuing to study the matter, following the clues that have emerged during the discussion. If I’m not mistaken, the Manjaro Kernel should be low-latency, unlike Fedora’s, and this could be related to the disabled C states issue I mentioned in a previous message. Now, I should find another distro with a default low-latency kernel, download the live ISO, and test whether the issue occurs in that case as well.

I guess by low-latency you mean you’re using one of the real-time kernels? I’ve yet to test any of those but it would be an interesting experiment on my part, as audio is one of the primary uses of my machines.

I assume you’ve tried the regular (non-RT) version?

No, I’m referring to the regular Manjaro kernels, which I’ve read already incorporate patches that make them low-latency. However, with the RT kernels the issue arises in the same way. I just need to find another distribution that includes a low-latency kernel and Wayland by default to download the live ISO and test this hypothesis. Ubuntu Studio might be an option, but it still defaults to Xorg.

I’m updating this thread to inform anyone who was interested and who may have encountered similar problems that testing the “Garuda Hyprland” distro and booting with open source drivers (Nouveau) does not present the problem described in the thread, and everything works. The proprietary drivers, on the other hand, present the same problem already encountered with Manjaro KDE, i.e. after entering the login, the screen remains black and then returns to the login itself.

The latest stable update (+kernel 6.8.4) has fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.