Starters Guide help

Hello everyone,
I am new to linux community just now i am starting to learn about linux so i need some help to get setup with the environment i am planning to use manjaro gnome version it looks a bit user friendly and my doubt is can i run windows games on linux using wine or proton i looked up and it kinda looks possible so if someone can help i will be happy.

You can run Windows apps on Linux but all may not work. If you want to run a steam Windows game search it up on protondb.com and see what it is rated as. For other games that aren’t on steam you can use lutris as that has a ton of community made installers for games lutris.net

Linux is not Windows - so if you are hoping for the same experience - better strap in and prepare for a bumpy ride.

This forum is to help other Manjaro users solving Manjaro related issues.

The intent of this forum is to encourage learning and provide guidance - hints when a community member run seemingly unsolvable issues.

If you want to learn how to setup gaming using what ever tools exist for that - you should look to those platforms for help on how to make any given platform or game run on your system.

1 Like