[Stable Update] 2023-11-06 - Kernels, Gnome 45.1, Plasma 5.27.9, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pipewire

all telepathy-kde-* are AUR packages, kfloppy was completely dropped and is not even in the repos (you should remove it), for kpeoplevcard the solution has already been posted.

Hm. Curious. I presume telepathy-kde* was in the main repos as I didnā€™t actually install it, must have come with the install I did on this machine earlier in the year.

Ok, removing kfloppy and telepathy-kde

There is no linux6X-zfs package from official Arch repo and AUR, but there is the additional archzfs repo which is only for Arch repo, but it does not support Manjaro because Manjaro kernels are different from Arch Kernels.

Edit://

I suspect one problem would be that no one on Manjaro team can regularly check and maintain a ZFS package for stability. Thatā€™s why Manjaro decided to drop ZFS due to a lack of maintenance in Manjaro team.

If you are lazy or donā€™t feel like maintaining ZFS yourself and reduce the risk of ZFS. Then switch to Arch with including Archzfs repo. Archzfs team does work for you. But it supports only two Kernels (LTS and 6.5 as stable) in official Arch repo. it no longer supports other Kernels LTS for example: 5.15, 5.10, ā€¦

5 Likes

Fortunately, it was not updated to nvidia 545, which is extremely buggy. Iā€™ll check about here so I donā€™t get this version.

Updating with pamac on the command line I got:
https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/manjaro/stable/extra/x86_64/nftables-1:1.0.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst: HTTP/2 Error: NO_ERROR

Confirming, remove kfloppy and telepathy-kde* and downgrade kpeople (or use pamac to upgrade) and everything is fine.

1 Like

Probably your mirror is not fully up to date. Wait a little bit or change mirror

2 Likes

Considering that octopi normally actually works as a package manager while pamac is, um, ā€œless reliableā€, I donā€™t want to risk that. Iā€™ll rather wait for the fix.

I already had to nuke several packages from the AUR in order to get past the KDE-specific package-renaming hurdle. I donā€™t want to lose octopi or replace it with pamac-tray-icon-plasma. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Letā€™s also ping the maintainer @Yochanan

1 Like

The update went through and so far I do not notice any issue.

1 Like

Well, heā€™s in the USA, so heā€™ll only see this much later today.

1 Like

sudo pacman -R kpeoplevcard kdeconnect
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S kpeoplevcard kdeconnect

is how i managed it.

3 Likes

A

pamac update

has solved this problem for me. A downgrade is performed automatically.

5 Likes
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kpeople' required by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcontacts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kcontacts' required by kpeoplevcard
 -> error installing repo packages

Same issue as on my other machine on the testing branch here:

And the same solution fixed it:

1 Like

same here removed

octopi-notifier-frameworks

deed the update and after installed

octopi-notifier-qt5
2 Likes

Okay, that makes sense - TBH I track updates with conky

(conky.text = [[${execi 3600 checkupdates | wc -l} Updates!]];

So the tray iconā€™s neither here nor there :wink:

2 Likes

Seems like I got rid of the kpeoplevcard isseu following the instruction here, what should I do for kpmcore3?

Avviso: installing kwidgetsaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kwidgetsaddons' required by kpmcore3
Aggiungi kpmcore3 per rimuovere
Avviso: installing kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kcoreaddons' required by kpmcore3
Avviso: installing ki18n5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'ki18n' required by kpmcore3
Predisposizione del trasferimento non riuscita:
impossibile soddisfare le dipendenze:
- removing kpmcore3 breaks dependency 'kpmcore3' required by partitionmanager3
Risoluzione delle dipendenze...
Controllo conflitti tra i pacchetti...
Predisposizione del trasferimento non riuscita:
impossibile soddisfare le dipendenze:
- removing kpmcore3 breaks dependency 'kpmcore3' required by partitionmanager3

ā€œAggiungiā€ means Add.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Iā€™ve noticed a grammar error in Pamac/Sys Tray
( pamac-tray-icon-plasma ).

It always says ā€œupdateā€ in singular,
where there is ā€œ1 available updateā€
ā€œ2 available updateā€
or in my case right now: ā€œ476 available updateā€
Itā€™s been like this forever.

Should be easy to fix. But where to report?

Probably Gitlab.

2 Likes

It seems you have some quite outdated packages. Neither kpmcore3 nor partitionmanager3 are in the repos or in AUR. Have you installed them from some other place? Probably itā€™s time to get rid of them