[Stable Update] 2023-11-06 - Kernels, Gnome 45.1, Plasma 5.27.9, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pipewire

sudo pacman -R kpeoplevcard kdeconnect
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S kpeoplevcard kdeconnect

is how i managed it.

3 Likes

A

pamac update

has solved this problem for me. A downgrade is performed automatically.

5 Likes
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kpeople' required by kpeoplevcard
:: installing kcontacts5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kcontacts' required by kpeoplevcard
 -> error installing repo packages

Same issue as on my other machine on the testing branch here:

And the same solution fixed it:

1 Like

same here removed

octopi-notifier-frameworks

deed the update and after installed

octopi-notifier-qt5
2 Likes

Okay, that makes sense - TBH I track updates with conky

(conky.text = [[${execi 3600 checkupdates | wc -l} Updates!]];

So the tray icon’s neither here nor there :wink:

2 Likes

Seems like I got rid of the kpeoplevcard isseu following the instruction here, what should I do for kpmcore3?

Avviso: installing kwidgetsaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kwidgetsaddons' required by kpmcore3
Aggiungi kpmcore3 per rimuovere
Avviso: installing kcoreaddons5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'kcoreaddons' required by kpmcore3
Avviso: installing ki18n5 (5.111.0-1) breaks dependency 'ki18n' required by kpmcore3
Predisposizione del trasferimento non riuscita:
impossibile soddisfare le dipendenze:
- removing kpmcore3 breaks dependency 'kpmcore3' required by partitionmanager3
Risoluzione delle dipendenze...
Controllo conflitti tra i pacchetti...
Predisposizione del trasferimento non riuscita:
impossibile soddisfare le dipendenze:
- removing kpmcore3 breaks dependency 'kpmcore3' required by partitionmanager3

“Aggiungi” means Add.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

I’ve noticed a grammar error in Pamac/Sys Tray
( pamac-tray-icon-plasma ).

It always says “update” in singular,
where there is “1 available update”
“2 available update
or in my case right now: “476 available update
It’s been like this forever.

Should be easy to fix. But where to report?

Probably Gitlab.

2 Likes

It seems you have some quite outdated packages. Neither kpmcore3 nor partitionmanager3 are in the repos or in AUR. Have you installed them from some other place? Probably it’s time to get rid of them

After update, the “Show Apps” button in Gnome Dash to Dock no longer worked, but the bug appears to be an upstream issue : the fix is detailed here.

Also, the Gnome theme colours were split between blue and maia. Fix is to reselect “Custom-Accent-Colours” for Shell in Gnome Tweaks, which restores consistent maia colouring.

Edit : maia colouring restored except on login screen.

2 Likes

You are right, I searched for partitionmanager in my pamac and found another version available so I removed the one I had and downloaded the other one, now pamac is downloading all the updates.
This install is at least 2 years old, I don’t know why I had that version installed.
Thank you

I already fixed it a while ago. Since I’m based in Asia I see those post earlier than him :laughing:

4 Likes

Living with the other linux-fu monks in the bavarian shaolin a.k.a. Munich?

Had the Gnome Shell something went wrong oops screen, logged out and back in came up again, logged out again and then back in, worked this time and had turned off all extensions, found that 1 extensions i was using is no longer supported on Gnome 45, so turned on all other extensions and removed the unsupported extension and all is working normal.

In case someone else is using the Extension “Coverflow Alt-Tab” i would recommend turning it off or removing it before you update.

I’m not sure if this is actually related to the upgrade or not, but during the post-install phase of pacman -Syuu I got the following:

( 5/31) Reloading device manager configuration...
Timed out for waiting the udev queue being empty.
error: command failed to execute correctly

And then when trying to reboot, the shutdown hung (apparently indefinitely—I left it over half an hour) on a failed eject. Eventually I had to resort to the reset button…
Which then somehow messed the BIOS settings such that it tried to boot from the wrong hard drive (pretty sure that had nothing to do with the update other than its forcing a hard reset).

Thoughts anyone?

Fehler: Vorgang konnte nicht vorbereitet werden (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: Installation von kpeople5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit »kpeople«, benötigt von kpeoplevcard
:: Installation von kcontacts5 (5.111.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit »kcontacts«, benötigt von kpeoplevcard

same here. will wait till the maintainers fix this unusable update.

Drop ZFS support just like that?
Will there be a phase out or something so we can move to another distribution?
Is there a way to continue using ZFS on Manjaro?

I’m not using ZFS root but have data on ZFS volumes.
So when you drop ZFS I won’t be able to read that anymore?

3 Likes

It’s possible to revert the Gnome updates?

After this upgrade, everything works fine except Gnome. Gnome broken title bar border and others things.

1 Like
sudo pacman -Syuu

… or… :point_down:

sudo pacman -Rdd kpeoplevcard && sudo pacman -Syu kpeoplevcard

sudo pacman -S zfs-dkms

Yes, in the same situation I do not use ZFS on root and continue with Manjaro to read/write data in ZFS.

How?My idea: Two separate Kernels (Manjaro Kernel and stable ZFS Kernel ) are running in parallel on my same computer. Thanks to KVM/QEMU, it can access my native ZFS mirror on my two physical disks.

This means that I have two systems (two different Kernels) that both communicate with each other via standard NFS and SSH connection without any problems.