[Stable Update] 2023-08-11 - Kernels, Plasma, Nvidia, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pamac, Pipewire, Mesa

I noticed something today, pamac tray not warning me about flatpak updates (warns me about manjaro repo updates tho)!
I was thinking “strange no flatpak updates this week” since I only use pamac to update flatpaks and AUR (only 1 AUR package I use tho), so I cliked on the tray and instead of opening the updates tab it opened the Store instead (when I click the tray it always opened in updates tab) and then when I changed to the updates tab there it was, a bunch of flatpaks to update… anyone with this problem or bug?
I always update the system via terminal using pacman and use pamac only to update flatpaks and AUR.
Should I post this on support, because it’s not really bothering me, I just think it’s a bit odd.

Hmm, I wonder if your update had an issue around mkinitcpio or grub… I noticed a while back when processing the “hooks” (I think) with kernel updates that the initramfs files are deleted early… meaning that if anything interrupts the final processing, you are missing these files for grub to find and the system won’t boot.

In those cases chroot’ing and reinstalling the current kernel should have resolved it, but glad to hear updating to a newer kernel also worked for you.

I’ve caught an issue once where my update hooks were having an issue around grub (I always check the pamac GUI logs)… basically the system was coincidentally having a hard time letting go of an ejected USB drive for some reason and grub was failing the osprobe… trying to search a drive that wasn’t there. Ended up having to update grub to skip the osprobe, reran mkinitcpio -P (just to be sure), update-grub, rebooted, and escaped having to chroot.

The new pamac-gtk requires the installation of plugins for FlatPak support, as well as for Snap support. If you are on XFCE, then you might be better off replacing pamac-gtk with pamac-gtk3. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Rdd pamac-gtk && sudo pacman -S pamac-gtk3

If however you want to keep the GTK4 verson of pamac, then you must install the plugins… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -S libpamac-flatpak-plugin libpamac-snap-plugin
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Urxvt won’t start

A post was split to a new topic: The system booted to the text-only login after removing orphan packages