[Stable Update] 2023-06-04 - Kernels, Gnome 44.1, Plasma 5.27.5, Python 3.11, Toolchain, Firefox

I am not absolutely sure. I did the upgrade this morning around 10:00 am I think, about three hours ago. Because of all of the problems noted in the thread I waited a couple of days. Then I tested Brave and sure enough, it was broken. I use Brave all the time so I wanted a quick fix. Some people rolled back, but I decided maybe newer was better so I went with the beta.

Well, maybe look?

pacman -Qi brave-browser

How do I look for what version I uninstalled? I am not very skilled at Linux. Please forgive me.

Oh, I see, you gave me some code. I ran that in konsole and it said “not found.”

Check your /var/log/pacman.log. If you want an easy-mode GUI, install pacmanlogviewer. :wink:

1 Like

You are right. The version I uninstalled was 1.52.117-2. I’ll try installing the new stable one.

Thanks

Yes, 1.52.122-1 works.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Multibootusb fails in prepare()

Skype stopped working… It’s impossible to make calls… no audio at all.
I deleted xdg-desktop-portal-gnome… nothing happened
I installed it through flatpak and snap and still no audio at all
I am using xfce

Tried again the update and this time almost everything was perfect. Only the mouse was slow, changed to “Adaptative” again and solved. No error messages logged, applications start as fast as always… :+1:

Hi, I don’t know if you solved this, but try installing xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-gtk instead.

Hi… I had already installed them… same results Thank You

Maybe you should check audio plugins, what type of audio you are using…
I am also on xfce and its working just fine on my end.
Maybe you should open a sparate thread so that people can try and help.

This is what I have and it works…

pacman -Qs skype xdg-desktop
local/skypeforlinux-stable-bin 8.98.0.402-1
    Skype for Linux - Stable/Release Version
local/xdg-desktop-portal 1.16.0-3
    Desktop integration portals for sandboxed apps
local/xdg-desktop-portal-gtk 1.14.1-1
    A backend implementation for xdg-desktop-portal using GTK

and short version of inxi -Axx

Audio:
  API: ALSA v: k5.10.181-2-MANJARO status: kernel-api with: aoss
    type: oss-emulator
  Server-1: JACK v: 1.9.22 status: off
  Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.70 status: off
  Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.1 status: active with: 1: pulseaudio-alsa
    type: plugin 2: pulseaudio-jack type: module

Very slow to open firefox, archive manager

…please see known issues with xdg-desktop-portal-gnome

Updated on my PC, icon 100% normal.

But, some sporadics GNOME coredumps, like was said here before.
The problem it’s something related to DPMS, which caffeine-ng uses. I closed caffeine and for now, no problem at all.

EDIT: None game from Steam launch for me. In Lutris everything worked fine.
For example: Euro Truck 2 appear was “running” using Proton. Under native, open but with buggy window, and I can’t play.
Native games don’t even launch.
Please, HELP!!!

EDIT2: Team Fortress 2 worked fine. I am creating a topic on “Support” area…

2 Likes

Thanks! it’s also work for trackpoint

same for me, telegram stopped working. It shows only an empty window.

@gkraemer and @RaZario seems you don’t read the second post about the issue with apps non starting or starting very slow: Simply do this and you’re fine: #$%&§$%% and get your glasses and read the second post :small_airplane:

5 Likes

I have tried for an hour before posting here and it just didn’t want to start :person_shrugging: after posting here it worked.

1 Like

When I used the command to print this list, after updating but before rebooting, it gave me a pretty long list ( > 300 packages).

When I printed the list again, after rebooting, it shrunk to just a few.

Is this expected?

So I guess everyone should reboot before they’re doing this rebuilding step, right?

The point is to be run on the newly updated system - searching for packages still using python3.10.
Your experience is expected.

2 Likes