[Stable Update] 2022-11-02 - Kernel, Plasma 5.26.2, Plasma Mobile Gear 22.09, LibreOffice, Virtualbox 7.0.2, Systemd, Mesa

Check again. :wink:

5 Likes

After this update Iā€™m experiencing a small issue with KDE:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=460310

The Konsole and Kate windows got very small and centered - I just need to resize them again, so no real issue, but anoying neverthelessā€¦

EDIT: i found the answer: yes, you can remove it.

a second check is to boot with ā€œacpi_backlight=videoā€ added to the kernel commandline and then run ā€œls /sys/class/backlightā€ again, if you now additionally also have an ā€œacpi_video0ā€ entry then your laptop should work fine with 6.1

I have an affected ā€œamdgpu_bl0ā€.
After setting ā€œacpi_backlight=videoā€ I get a good result now showing ā€œacpi_video0 amdgpu_bl0ā€

SO, do I now remove the kernel param ā€œacpi_backlight=videoā€ ? or leave it?

1 Like

Those who still have issues with Plasma can check this out:KDE plasma bugs after each update [Stable Update] 2022-09-12 - #104 by Aragorn

1 Like

My Terminal no longer works after update.

Just a message appears in Terminal:

Warning: Program '/bin/bash' crashed.

A quick search helps here @Kobold

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=200471

Japanese method input via fcitx was working before update, and not after :smiley:

Strangely enough, it appears to start, but the shortcut does not switch to the Japanese input.

Iā€™m on KDE btw.
Installed packages are: fcitx, fgxitx-mozc fcitx-qt5 fcitx-configtool

It is always better to open a fresh topic for your issue @Sarah maybe here: Support - Manjaro Linux Forum. Also state which desktop environment is used as it would be wild guessing otherwise ā€¦

Here some quick search on that issue with KDE @Sarah

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=457149

https://groups.google.com/g/fcitx-announce/c/eVDQT3tKBRE

Try to migrate to fcitx5 ā€¦

I dont see how this Topics/Links fixing my problem.

I dont use differend accounts on Manjaro KDE, i have my main account only. I also just normally start the Terminalā€¦ nothing special here (no additional app start, just the console) and the console is unusable.

Well, maybe this: Konsole "/bin/bash" crashed? / Applications & Desktop Environments / Arch Linux Forums @Kobold Iā€™m sure there is some solution for it ā€¦ most likely a readline and locale issue.

Since this update xbox one controller stopped working in wine games, it works when I test it in kde settings and in chrome online tester. Native linux games (atleast the ones I have) work fine.
Gamepad is also missing from /dev/input/by-id/, so itā€™s like evdev api is not working.

I tried downgrading sdl2, but it didnā€™t help.

Edit: seems to only happen with xpadneo kernel driver, I will raise the issue there.

The same happened to me with Konsole first time -now it remembers the sizeI left it at.

After the update my external monitor was limited to 3840x1600@30Hz, it is connected via USB-C to my ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen and I couldnā€™t get it to work at 60Hz as it did before.

After a couple minutes of googling I deleted ~/.config/monitors.xml and rebooted. And 60Hz was working again.

Everything else went absolutely smoothly. :+1:

As others I have issue with monitors. Two of three are workingā€¦when I unplug one, the other will go online. (nvidia a KDE)

1 Like

Not a real problem but after the update the wallpaper of my lockup screen changed.
Looks kinda cool, but why?

This update fixed a lot of the problems I had with the previous version, maybe even all of them but I need to use it longer to see what comes up. So far, great update!
Thank you <3

A few minor problems, Libre Office initially opens almost minimized in the upper left hand corner, reported with previous update. Once I expand the window itā€™s fine after that. Several KDE apps, Dolphin, Kpat, Digikam, Konsole as examples open small. Again I maximize them and they are fine. I briefly saw that Pamac reported 166 updates, but Pacman had 266, I may have the actual numbers wrong.

2 Likes

conflicting files:

• qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/Mpris already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/MprisController already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/MprisManager already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/MprisPlayer already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/mpris.h already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/mpriscontroller.h already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/mprismanager.h already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/mprisplayer.h already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/include/qt/MprisQt/mprisqt.h already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/libmpris-qt5.so already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/libmpris-qt5.so.1 already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/libmpris-qt5.so.1.0 already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/libmpris-qt5.so.1.0.0 already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/mpris-qt5.pc already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/features/mpris-qt5.prf already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/nemomobile/mpris/libmpris-qt5-qml-plugin.so already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/nemomobile/mpris/plugins.qmltypes already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)
  • qtmpris: /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/nemomobile/mpris/qmldir already exists in filesystem (owned by mpris-qt5)