[Stable Update] 2022-09-12 - Kernels, LibreOffice, KDE Gear, KDE Frameworks, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pipewire, Mesa

Plasma 5.25 broke also Latte (latte-dock).

latte-dock-git from AUR works with Plasma 5.25.

1 Like

KDE 5.25.5 at last!

YES!

After the update:

element-desktop isn’t working for me anymore. Using a custom homeserver I get:

Connectivity to the server has been lost.
Sent messages will be stored until your connection has returned.

Accessing the homeserver via webinterface still works.

Update broke remote-viewer.
But according to this reddit thread and it’s sources, it’s an issue with libgovirt 0.3.9 being broken.
The maintainer actually reverted the version to 0.3.8 but this was not reflected in the manjaro repos, as it’s still 0.3.9.

Temporary fixed by downgrading from package cache and ignoring upgrades in pacman.conf

2 Likes

Just one minor problem as far as I can see.
For some reason, hitting the top/left corner of my screen suddenly decided to trigger the “present windows” action. Curiously, “no action” was still ticked when I went into systemsettings and looked at “Screen edges”. Changing it to something else then back to “no action” then hitting “apply” fixed it.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Okular reader turns to light theme after the update

Black screen after initial upgrade reboot on Intel/Nvidia laptop, fixed by two more reboots.

steam was deinstalled after update

edit.

automount didn’t work anymore. fixed it with system settings->removable media

That means nothing. These were old packages left over from the time transferring xfce 4.14 to xfce 4.16.

Xfce, bluetooth permissions differ:

Warning: Directory permissions differ for /etc/bluetooth/
File system: 755 Package: 555

change with:

sudo chmod 555 /etc/bluetooth/
3 Likes

Bugs, after the update autostart is almost inusable. It can’t be used with enviromment variables or double commands( exmaple: sleep 15 && program)
I have not idea how to fix it. Before the update everything was okay

2 Likes

I am considering adding all kde packages to #IgnorePkg in /etc/pacman.conf, which I know is unsupported…so I don’t know, actually…

1 Like

I have another problem with Manjaro KDE and autostart: The autostart entries in systemsettings are completely ignored.

2 Likes

After the upgrade it seems like i3 isn’t being started inside Plasma as before.

I’m using a plasma-i3.desktop file in /usr/share/xsessions starting with the following content:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=XSession
Exec=env KDEWM=/usr/bin/i3 /usr/bin/startplasma-x11
TryExec=/usr/bin/startplasma-x11

Just a heads-up that the electron16 compiling from AUR needs A LOT of disk space. I’ve run out with 14GB free :wink:

I upgraded yesterday and it seemed to be working fine. I use Qtile as my login, but have KDE Plasma installed as alternative login and use some of the applications in Qtile as well.

An old bug appeared again, which was solved previously. In Dolphin creating an archive with right mouse click on a file will open a new Dolphin instance too. I am using that feature quite often, so it is definitely doing that after the update. This issue plagued previously a few months ago and was solved, so why is it back?

Newest backintime:

To avoid getting error messages on new backup i avoid told expert option in backintime-qt expert settings:
“–old-args” … ok, if i don’t use that

Here its told me to use that ( what i don’t!! )

[john1@manjaro ~]$ pamac install  backintime-qt backintime
Vorbereitung...
Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
Aktualisierung von AUR...                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Wähle die optionalen Abhängigkeiten für backintime:
1:  encfs: encrypted filesystem in user-space

Auswahl eingeben (Standard=keine): 

Abhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...
Interne Konflikte werden überprüft...

Wird installiert (2):
  backintime     1.3.2-3    community  
  backintime-qt  1.3.2-3    community  

Gesamtgröße installiert: 2,7 MB

Transaktion anwenden ? [j/N] j
Überprüfe Schlüsselring...                                                                                                                                                                                                               [2/2]
Integrität wird überprüft...                                                                                                                                                                                                             [2/2]
Paketdateien werden geladen...                                                                                                                                                                                                           [2/2]
Dateikonflikte werden überprüft...                                                                                                                                                                                                       [2/2]
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/icon.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/icon.cpython-310.pyc.old
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/logviewdialog.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/logviewdialog.cpython-310.pyc.old
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/messagebox.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/messagebox.cpython-310.pyc.old
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/qttools.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/qttools.cpython-310.pyc.old
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/restoredialog.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/restoredialog.cpython-310.pyc.old
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/settingsdialog.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/settingsdialog.cpython-310.pyc.old
Warnung: backintime-qt: /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/snapshotsdialog.cpython-310.pyc existiert bereits im Dateisystem
Sicherung gespeichert in /usr/share/backintime/qt/__pycache__/snapshotsdialog.cpython-310.pyc.old
Abhängigkeiten werden aufgelöst...
Interne Konflikte werden überprüft...
Überprüfe Schlüsselring...                                                                                                                                                                                                               [2/2]
Integrität wird überprüft...                                                                                                                                                                                                             [2/2]
Paketdateien werden geladen...                                                                                                                                                                                                           [2/2]
Dateikonflikte werden überprüft...                                                                                                                                                                                                       [2/2]
Überprüfe verfügbaren Speicherplatz...                                                                                                                                                                                                   [2/2]
Installiere backintime (1.3.2-3)...                                                                                                                                                                                                      [1/2]

Workaround for rsync >= 3.2.4:

add '--old-args' in 'Expert Options / Additional options to rsync'

Installiere backintime-qt (1.3.2-3)...                                                                                                                                                                                                   [2/2]

**Workaround for rsync >= 3.2.4:**

**add '--old-args' in 'Expert Options / Additional options to rsync'**

Starte Post-Transaction-Hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                                                                                                                                                           [1/4]
Reloading system bus configuration...                                                                                                                                                                                                    [2/4]
Updating icon theme caches...                                                                                                                                                                                                            [3/4]
Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...                                                                                                                                                                                             [4/4]
Vorgang erfolgreich abgeschlossen.
[john1@manjaro ~]$ rsync --version
rsync  version v3.2.5  protocol version 31

My system:

Generated on 2022-09-13 14:23:1663071813

#################### inxi -Fxzc0 ########################

System:
  Kernel: 5.15.65-1-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 12.2.0 Desktop: Xfce v: 4.16.1
    Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux
Machine:
  Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 81RS v: Lenovo Yoga S740-14IIL serial: <superuser required>
  Mobo: LENOVO model: LNVNB161216 v: SDK0J40709 WIN serial: <superuser required> UEFI: LENOVO
    v: BYCN39WW date: 05/28/2021
Battery:
  ID-1: BAT0 charge: 62.9 Wh (96.3%) condition: 65.3/62.0 Wh (105.3%) volts: 17.0 min: 15.4
    model: LGC L19L4PD2 status: full
CPU:
  Info: quad core model: Intel Core i7-1065G7 bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Ice Lake rev: 5 cache:
    L1: 320 KiB L2: 2 MiB L3: 8 MiB
  Speed (MHz): avg: 1212 high: 1300 min/max: 400/3900 cores: 1: 1300 2: 1253 3: 1262 4: 1201
    5: 1128 6: 1201 7: 1200 8: 1153 bogomips: 23968
  Flags: avx avx2 ht lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx
Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel Iris Plus Graphics G7 vendor: Lenovo driver: i915 v: kernel arch: Gen-11
    bus-ID: 00:02.0
  Device-2: NVIDIA GP108M [GeForce MX250] vendor: Lenovo driver: nvidia v: 515.65.01
    arch: Pascal bus-ID: 2b:00.0
  Device-3: Chicony Integrated Camera type: USB driver: uvcvideo bus-ID: 3-5:5
  Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.4 driver: X: loaded: modesetting,nvidia unloaded: nouveau
    gpu: i915 resolution: 1: 1920x1080~60Hz 2: N/A
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel Iris Plus Graphics (ICL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 22.1.7
    direct render: Yes
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel Ice Lake-LP Smart Sound Audio vendor: Lenovo driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-icl
    bus-ID: 00:1f.3
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.65-1-MANJARO running: yes
  Sound Server-2: sndio v: N/A running: no
  Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 16.1 running: no
  Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.57 running: yes
Network:
  Device-1: Intel Ice Lake-LP PCH CNVi WiFi driver: iwlwifi v: kernel bus-ID: 00:14.3
  IF: wlp0s20f3 state: up mac: <filter>
  Device-2: Realtek RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter type: USB driver: r8152 bus-ID: 2-1.4:4
  IF: enp0s13f0u1u4 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
  IF-ID-1: pan1 state: down mac: <filter>
Bluetooth:
  Device-1: Intel AX201 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus-ID: 3-10:8
  Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 3 state: up address: see --recommends
Drives:
  Local Storage: total: 1.86 TiB used: 481.84 GiB (25.4%)
  ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: Micron model: MTFDHBA1T0TCK size: 953.87 GiB temp: 48.9 C
  ID-2: /dev/sda type: USB vendor: Western Digital model: WD10EARX-00N0YB0 size: 931.51 GiB
  ID-3: /dev/sdb type: USB vendor: Kingston model: DataTraveler 2.0 size: 14.54 GiB
Partition:
  ID-1: / size: 57.85 GiB used: 41.91 GiB (72.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p8
  ID-2: /boot/efi size: 259.5 MiB used: 113.6 MiB (43.8%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/nvme0n1p1
Swap:
  ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 16.67 GiB used: 2.5 MiB (0.0%) dev: /dev/nvme0n1p9
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 51.0 C mobo: N/A
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info:
  Processes: 278 Uptime: 1h 32m Memory: 15.19 GiB used: 2.68 GiB (17.7%) Init: systemd Compilers:
  gcc: 12.2.0 clang: 14.0.6 Packages: 1829 Client: Unknown Client: wrapper-2.0 inxi: 3.3.21

Why do they rename apps??

when I try to add widgets to the desktop it freeze and crash
https://www.reddit.com/r/kdeneon/comments/x8w8mj/plasma_shell_crashes_when_trying_to_add_widgets/

2 Likes

I’m slightly confused. This update installed several AUR packages and I’m wondering why. They look familiar - did I perhaps have them installed before and they were removed from the official repositories?

Yes, that is possible.