[Stable Update] 2022-08-16 - Glibc with EAC fix, Nextcloud, KDE-git, Cinnamon, Haskell, Python

Good morning,

glibc               2.36-1               2.36-2

…nice, and fast. :ice_cream:

2 Likes

Hello.

Manjaro-gnome-settings breaks xWayland apps on 4k displays.

Can’t attach link here, but issue created in manjaro-gnome-settings’s GitLab

It lasts since previous stable update.

edited to include link:

I have install Manjaro Gnome on my Notebook. After installation and update in Gnome-Control-Center the category Application is empty. This Issue can be fixed by installing the Package malcontent

It will be fine if the Configuration-Scripts on Installmedia are fixed to resove this issue.
Thanx

Edit:
Now i have use the new iso for Gnome 21.3.7 to install Linux. After this i had to install the package malcontent. After a reboot i can use the cathegory Application in Gnome Settings.

When Firefox shows me Websites the Characters are blurry.

• AMF encoding in OBS has stop to work, lasts from past stable update as well.

EDIT: after reinstall amf-package error is gone.

Yeah i can sign that. In the Settings the Menu “Anwendungen/Applications” is empty

…this

Choose a provider for lv2-host:
1:  ardour    6.9-5     community
2:  carla     2.5.0-1   community
3:  ecasound  2.9.3-7   community
4:  element   0.46.6-1  community
5:  guitarix  0.44.1-2  community
6:  jalv      1.6.6-2   community
7:  muse      4.1.0-1   community
8:  qtractor  0.9.27-2  community
9:  reaper    6.65-1    community

Enter a number (default=1): 

Why does it want to install lv2-host and apps I never used before?

EDIT: nvm, I had mda.lv2 orphan dependency installed which started to require these.

4 Likes

At my side, it turns out mda.lv2 is an optional dependency for easyeffects’ bass loudness plugin.

Quite tough to indirectly require a complete music studio application (ardour, qtractor, reaper) or complete music framework (muse) for just a plugin.

Well, then no bass loudness effect for me till EasyEffects has a complete standalone plugin.

2 Likes

suil 0.10.16-1 causes Ardour to not be able to load lv2 gtk2 plugin UIs. This was said to be fixed in suil 0.10.16-2, but seems you could only open a plugin’s UI once and then a crash on subsequent attempts. A quick solution for now is to downgrade to suil-0.10.12-2.

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/s/suil/suil-0.10.12-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
2 Likes

Hello, Manjaro Users and Staffs

May I ask for help about Samba. My Samba service is broken since (2022-08-13) even I full upgrade to (2022-08-16) it’s still broken.

My question is anyone facing same problem with Samba? (Service running but can’t connect to service) This used to work before (2022-08-13)

This is my thread and other users facing same problem as me…

Can someone confirm that Samba issues are still present and not being fixed in this version?

//Edit, the root problem is AppArmor. dirty solution is sudo systemctl disable apparmor and reboot

Thank you
Apidech T.

core/linux519    5.19.1-2    5.19.1-3    48.20 MiB    179.93 MiB

35% increase in size. What happened to the kernel?

Module compression was changed from xz to zstd.

1 Like

First machine still not notifying of updates. Checked mirrors, even updated mirror lists. No notice of upgraded packages.

Second machine did get notice of upgrades.

Thank you so much! I wasn’t aware this was a problem until you pointed it out. As an alternative, I downgraded the package by installing it from my pacman cache:
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/suil-0.10.12-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

I have the same problem :frowning: tried to update several Manjaro computers and getting this issue

“An error occurred while trying to share the directory. The share has not been created”
Samba internal report:
net usershare add: cannot convert name “Everyone” to a SID. The transport connection is now disconnected."

Tested to update with a clean install and it’s working, but i don’t want to reinstall all the computers.
Only option is to revert it with Timeshift

1 Like

pamac quit due to corrupt sway database (Jonas Strassel signature). Updating with pacman -Syyu worked instead.

R

Do this → Can't connect to samba after update; Service is running (2022-08-13 -> 2022-08-16) - #29 by TheInvisible

1 Like

Until now I had no problem, everythig works fine.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Stable channel update frequency

Hi all,
I had an issue with my lightdm upgrade:

• I am on Manjaro stable : XFCE flavor. which comes with lightdm, by default.
  • I configured it to work with my fingerprint (it worked before the upgrade, it now works again after the upgrade + workaround)
  • I launch the pamac upgrade, and let the computer do its thing for a while.
  • I come back and try to log back into my session: but I faced a “Failed authenticate” error. (or something).
  • I couldn’t get my fingerprint recognised. I couldn’t enter my password: which happens when fingerprint doesn’t work, usually.

my dirty workaround:

1. Open a new TTY (Ctrl + Alt + F2) and log into your session with the password. (because it works !)
  2. run: systemctl restart lightdm

This will reset your session:

• All your unsaved work will be lost.
  • Unable to see the output of the previous pamac upgrade (warning or errors)
  • but the fingerprint is now working back again :tada:

Happy to take any advice on this: what should I have done? ways to save the work ? ways to authenticate ? Ability to get the pamac upgrade outputs ?

Thanks all.