[Stable Update] 2022-08-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Gnome, Firefox, Haskell, Python, Systemd

Thanks, did “sudo pacman -Syu” now have hwinfo 22.0 all now working ok

First time i’ve had this, was that the correct way to force the update as the gui showed no updates available

Answer y. :wink:

1 Like

I walked away from my system during the update, and when I returned I was locked out, looking at lightdm-slick-greeter saying “authentication failed - retry.” Pressing “retry” didn’t do anything. After a reboot, everything seems fine.

At a guess, something it needed to authenticate you got updated (perhaps a library had become incompatible with the running process?) Probably the same reason that sometimes after an update, KDE’s logout button won’t work.
Another reason why it’s a good idea to do updates from a TTY rather than in a GUI. If the update had required manual intervention for some reason and you couldn’t log in, you might have ended up with a broken system.

1 Like

Thanks to link by @banjo.

After update, DON’T REBOOT.

Go to /ect/lightdm with priviledges:

• backup lightdm.config and lightdm.config.pacnew

• Then, delete lightdm.config and rename lightdm.config.pacnew to lightdm.config

Reboot and login works as normal.

If you had autologin set (as I did), go back to lightdm.config and edit the line

#autologin-user=

to

autologin-user=YOURNAME

Yeah, I thought about this afterwards. Now I actually don’t know if the update threw any errors.

cat /var/log/pacman.log  

will tell :wink:

Thanks, I see nothing unusual in there.

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem. When trying to update I get an error with a signature:

Verificando depósito de llaves (keyring)...                                                    [223/223]
Verificando integridad...                                                                      [223/223]
Error: geany: la firma de «Alexander F. Rødseth <xyproto@archlinux.org>» es de confianza mínima
Error: hwinfo: la firma de «Alexander F. Rødseth <xyproto@archlinux.org>» es de confianza mínima
Error: Fallo al cometer la transacción: paquete no válido o dañado:

The update stops. I already tried to update the package manjaro-keyring

sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring

But the problem persists.

Greetings !!!

You know, there are utilities for merging .pac{new,save} files? pacman/Pacnew and Pacsave - ArchWiki

My personal favorite is Gentoo’s etc-update.

Perhaps this will solve your key issue:

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

2 Likes

Mm this is not working, old config file works fine so no need to replace.
At least at my xfce install

Please tell me how to reinstall the old glibc because flatpak Steam won’t reinstall my games, my disk is almost full.

Look here: [Stable Update] 2022-08-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Gnome, Firefox, Haskell, Python, Systemd You can give access to your library, so you don’t need to download them again.

Yes i read this and applied it, i configured the path of my library in Flatseal but Steam want to reinstall the game and said my disk is full !

I don’t recommend this but…

If you want to risk breaking your computer and you know what you’re doing… some arch guys have a solution by downgrading a bunch of programs

I would do a timeshift and a backup before trying anything they did though, it could destroy your install.

I read somewhere that Arch testing has an update apparently to glibc that supposedly fixes it. I am under the impression though that Manjaro Unstable starts after Arch Stable. So may take time before it reaches Manjaro.
You may just want to wait for that.

After the update this didn’t work with my cinnamon install. I renamed ightdm.config.pacnew to lightdm.config. My system didn’t boot. “lightdm.service has failed”. I restored my old config file and everything is ok.

There are reasons you should compare the original config and the pacnew instead of just replacing without seeing what the changes are.

I also run cinnamon and noticed that some of the defaults in the pacnew would definitely break the system.

3 Likes

See Manjaro Wiki > Contents > Troubleshooting > Software Management > Common Issues and Pacman Troubleshooting:

Scroll down to “Errors about Keys”. Read through first. There is a method outlined to repair/reestablish your Keys that worked for me during the previous update for the same problem (not the striked through steps which is an older method that did not work and gave many errors during the --refresh-keys step).

I had issues after this update. I am using Gnome version.

I rebooted after upgrading everything and Gnome stopped loading, it was stuck, frozen, the only two things I was seeing on screen was the pointer and the background being blurred. No shortcut worked, anything worked, this happened in both Wayland and Xorg.

Solution:

I switched to Gnome classic using xorg so finally shortcuts worked again and I opened a terminal and restored from a backup. I did not upgrade anything again.