[Stable Update] 2022-07-18 - Kernels, Pipewire, Mesa, Xorg, XWayland, Gnome, KDE Gear, Plamo

Do you have this update installed?

1 Like

Yes, I think so. E.g. Pipewire vs installed = 03.54 and the update proposed version is 03.55.
Kernel installed = 5.18.10 and proposed = 5.18.12.
I did not change Branch. Only held back an AUR Tenacity update because of wxgtk3 dependency not resolved.

confirm

I can confirm 79 packages available for update (KDE, Stable Branch).

The 2022-07-12 had been done when it was released, so this is new as of today.

Then i suggest to wait a bit till the announcement is made and will also have the wiki with possible fixes/manual interventions that might be required.

2 Likes

I just wanted to post this as well. I am offered 210 upgrades, 16 new, 2 removals.

I am on stable branch according to Switching Branches - Manjaro

I seem to have been offerered software updates with package versions mentioned in this “testing” announcement: [Testing Update] 2022-07-17 - Kernel 5.18, Octopi, Haskell, Python (That’s true for some packages, e.g. linux515 and octopi. But I am offered nodejs 18.5.0-118.6.0-1, too which is not in this testing update).

I am used to wait for a forum announcement (which is a great service, thank you) before proceeding, but it has been now around 5 hours already and I have the feeling this might be a malfunction.

Just out of interest: Can I see the current state of the “stable” branch in Git, e.g. at Packages · GitLab? I am missing a possibility to cross-check package versions for “stable” apart from what pacman / pamac offers me. Sorry, I am still new and trying to understand.

I have installed the update of 18.7.2022 on four computers without any problem.

I saw the update & checked the forum, since there was nothing for 07-18 I assumed I must have missed the 07-12. I checked I had a backup & then applied it. I haven’t noticed any issues.

Lol I updated without realising I should wait for official announcements or something.

Now look at my screen :joy: . Cannot press super button or anything except what opens on that manjaro hello screen. I will try to learn of a way to resolve this XD

Edit:The update only broke the latest kernal 5.19 and I am now safe on 5.15.

2 Likes

You mean the windows on the left hand side ?

Then just disable it by switch the slider launch at start.

I just tried the update and received two show-stopping errors. The first one:
I answered Y to the upgrade and got…

:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace wxgtk-common with extra/wxwidgets-common? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing wxgtk-common breaks dependency 'wxgtk-common' required by wxgtk2

So, I started over, answered N this time, then got:

networkmanager-1.38.2-2-x86_64    3.5 MiB   530 KiB/s 00:07 [#################################] 100%
 Total ( 6/47)                   333.4 MiB  1767 KiB/s 03:13 [#################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'networkmanager-1.38.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from mirror.futureweb.be : 
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
1 Like

The wxgtk-common problem is from changes in Arch. Arch Linux - News: wxWidgets 3.2 update may need manual intervention

Uninstall wxgtk2 first.

2 Likes

I can’t. p7zip-gui is using it, and because of all the “wx…” problems, I added p7zip-gui to “ignore” on updates.

pamac remove wxgtk2
Preparing...
Checking dependencies...
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing wxgtk2 breaks dependency 'wxgtk2' required by p7zip-gui

The other problem , “from mirror.futureweb.be” is weird because just before updating, I ran fasttrack 10. So, to resolve this one, I checked the Manjaro mirror page, ran mirror --interactive, and everything updated just fine.

Not anymore as of 16.02-6. Remove p7zip-gui and wxgtk2 first, update repository packages only, then reinstall / update your AUR packages.

NOPE! It still works and I’m not going to delete it.

The day of the original p7zip-gui update a few days ago, I did exactly as you recommended, and updated AUR packages, and neither pamac nor yay could find the required “wx…” packages. I even tried it again today with all the new versions of “wx…” files that were not listed on the p7zip-gui AUR page two days ago…same failure on my test machine.

Well, today they will. :wink:

I’ll go back to my test machine and give it a whirl sometime tonight.

So I installed it without thinking. Most things are working fine other than Civ V on Steam. It will start up fine but lock up after a couple of turns so badly that I need to switch to a virtual console to kill the process to get back to desktop

there was, didn’t had time to announce it yet: [Stable Update] 2022-07-18 - Kernels, Pipewire, Mesa, Xorg, XWayland, Gnome, KDE Gear, Plamo ($773) · Snippets · Snippets · GitLab

2 Likes

i tried ordering,it still charge for shipping.