[Stable Update] 2022-05-13 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Gnome 42, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Gear & Frameworks, Virtualbox, Qemu 7.0

You can check the package version in the repositories at: Manjaro - Branch Compare

Hm, Manjaro has kipi-plugins 21.12.2.1, but AUR suggests 22.04.0-1
libkipi in repository is 22.04.0, AUR suggests 22.04.0-1

Packages both in AUR and in repositories should prefer the repository package

Yes, it woud be perfect, but Pamac doesn’t care.
It’s not the first time that pamac tries to install packages from AUR, that is present in oficial repos. Once it wanted to install glibc, or something similar. It looks to me, that someone plays bad game in AUR.

Stellarium is not present in Manjaro anymore??? Why???

I have this exact same issue under GNOME. Were you able to find a solution?

Mostly uneventful update but some questions:

Is there anything in the update that changes system fonts? (XFCE)

The new version of Opera has a different (and worse) download folder selection screen, and can’t really download. Not sure what’s going on.

I have a TimeShift problem, too. A backup created after the update is not visible. As far as I could find out, this is because the info.json file is missing in snapshot directory. When I copy a file from a previous backup and modify the timestamp (entry “created”), the backup appears in TimeShift.

Hi there,
Thanks for the update! Everything worked fine, no booting problems.
The issue I’m having is that the greenish accent colour that was always set as a default in gnome doesn’t work anymore. Now everywhere is the default gnome blue colour. I have tried reinstalling the manjaro-gdm-branding but it didn’t help. Does it mean that currently only the default gnome theme is available?

1 Like

Nvidia/Intel Laptop configured to use Wayland on Gnome, GDM wouldn’t start. Checked journal and there were messages of X not being able to start. Switched to an alternate tty and was able to start gnome-shell --wayland but gestures sometimes didn’t work and some extensions like ArcMenu weren’t working properly (run prompt wouldn’t get focus when pressing Super key in this case). Also custom shortcuts were lost. Sorry if this isn’t very detailed for now, had to restore.

Absolutely not… :slight_smile:
Fun fact: it works when you launch the application using the keyboard, but it does not work using the mouse.

1 Like

Replying to my own previous comment. Was able to find a work around.

Replacing intel-graphics-complier with the AUR intel-graphics-compier-bin (which also replaces intel-opencl-clang from Manjaro repos) was not alone enough.

However, replacing intel-compute-runtime with the AUR intel-compute-runtime-bin works. This has the AUR intel-graphics-comiler-bin as a dependency so that gets installed, but it also provides intel-gmmlib which in Manjaro repos is a seperate package.

Once this is done, OpenCl works again. So the issue is either in the Manjaro repo’s intel-compute-runtime or in intel-gmmlib since OpenCl apps only worked once those were replaced and not before.

If there is a better place to post this info, please let me know and I will do so.

On a GNOME 42 system in testing branch I cannot replicate this, it could be related to a extension, does disabling all extensions logging out and in display the same behavior of the activities overview?

With the new Gnome update, right-clicking on the desktop → “Change Background…” → clicking on any picture there doesn’t change the background anymore. Anyone else has this issue? I can only set the background by opening the image in Image Viewer and right-click there, then “Set as Wallpaper”.

Compiz seems to run but loses all settings. I rebuilt compiz-easy-patch from AUR and rebooted. That fixed it.

Seems I cannot update by using Pamac

Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: python-pyqt5: local (5.15.6-7.1) is newer than extra (5.15.6-7)
Resolving dependencies...
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "brltty"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "harfbuzz-icu"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "gspell"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "libphonenumber"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicui18n.so=71-64", a dependency of "libphonenumber"
Warning: cannot resolve "libelf=0.187", a dependency of "lib32-libelf"
Warning: cannot resolve "libcap=2.64", a dependency of "lib32-libcap"
Warning: cannot resolve "libcap=2.64", a dependency of "lib32-libcap"
Warning: cannot resolve "libusb=1.0.26", a dependency of "lib32-libusb"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "libphonenumber"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicui18n.so=71-64", a dependency of "libphonenumber"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "raptor"
Warning: cannot resolve "libicuuc.so=71-64", a dependency of "scribus"
Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'libicuuc.so=71-64' required by brltty
- unable to satisfy dependency 'libicui18n.so=71-64' required by libphonenumber
- unable to satisfy dependency 'libelf=0.187' required by lib32-libelf
- unable to satisfy dependency 'libcap=2.64' required by lib32-libcap
- unable to satisfy dependency 'libusb=1.0.26' required by lib32-libusb

After update Firefox will no longer play videos, you tube and other sites that play videos either fail, tell me to restart the app?? (you tube), or just have the wait wheel spinning.

This is Solved thanks to @brahma, i had removed Pipewire Audio and was using Pulse Audio and it now seems that Gnome 4.2 needs Pipewire as default.

FF/youtube works fine here. Try with a clean profile, no extensions.

This could be a mirror issue, have you checked your mirrors?

1 Like

Tried that, also cleaned everything (cookies, data, etc), and now have the fun of logging in to every web site, Still not working, twitter videos are working but you tube and some other sites i use for watching TV/Films are not working.

in General-Network Settings is Enable DNS over https unchecked? Maybe try a different DNS provider?
If using a VPN, try without. If using a router try connecting straight to modem to rule out router config issue.

ahh, you are right. Looks like its progressing now. Thanks!!

1 Like

seems to be a visual update/refresh issue in the plasmoid and System Settings when changing audio sources (ie. speakers to headset). The original and newly selected audio sources will both show as being selected, although the output selection change did apply when selected.

You can force Systems Settings to refresh by moving away to another tab and coming back to the Audio… but not sure how to force the plasmoid to refresh.

plasmoid

No it’s not checked, and i’ve never had a problem playing videos with manjaro and firefox before todays update, and i’ve been running manjaro from 2016.

And i just now have found out that i also cannot play videos (tested MP4) with Gnome Video player, vlc will play video but get no sound???

UPDATE: looks like i have really big problems as audio is not working on music players (lollypop) either, no errors just does not play at all.