[Stable Update] 2022-04-15 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Budgie, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Frameworks, Wine

I’ve always used libreoffice-still (currently at version 7.2.6-1) instead of libreoffice-fresh, and I do not have any issues changing the font or it’s size after applying the stable branch updates… and I am also using Manjaro KDE Plasma.

I don’t encounter problem with previous versions (libreoffice-fresh 7.3.1 and kde plasma 5.24.3). I prefer libreoffice-fresh because I want to have all the new features. So, is there a problem with libreoffice-fresh 7.3.2 and kde plasma 5.24.4 ?

I still broke my system after doing this… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Where is the emacs-nativecomp package?

This package is in unstable atm. (check here)
Process from unstable to stable

Thanks

did you fix it, or is it still broken?

I have a trouble on kernel 5.17.1.
My computer won’t shut down: any attempt to shut down causes it to reboot.
On kernel 5.16 everything is fine.
Whats changed?

inxi

System:
Host: MWDEV Kernel: 5.16.18-1-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.24.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine:
Type: Desktop Mobo: E5 VER: 3.2S1 v: V1.2
serial: UEFI: American Megatrends v: 4.6.5
date: 17/07/2018
CPU:
Info: quad core Intel Xeon E5-1620 0 [MT MCP] speed (MHz): avg: 2512
min/max: 1200/4300
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590]
driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 1.21.1.3 with: Xwayland v: 22.1.1 driver:
X: loaded: amdgpu unloaded: modesetting gpu: amdgpu resolution: 2560x1080
OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.44.0
5.16.18-1-MANJARO LLVM 13.0.1)
v: 4.6 Mesa 21.3.8
Network:
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
driver: r8168
Drives:
Local Storage: total: raw: 1.58 TiB usable: 1.13 TiB
used: 399.5 GiB (34.6%)
Info:
Processes: 306 Uptime: 3h 20m Memory: 31.28 GiB used: 4.96 GiB (15.9%)
Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.15

gnome-terminal wouldn’t start.

Locale not supported by C library.
# 	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
# Error constructing proxy for org.gnome.Terminal:/org/gnome/Terminal/Factory0: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.Terminal: Timeout was reached

Running locale -a

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
C
POSIX

Strangely, the locale has been removed by the update. I recreated it in the manjaro settings and everything is fine.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I had the same issue where my locale was removed as well. Once I set it back up in Manjaro settings my gnome-terminal-fedora started to work again.

Luckily I found that I had Xterm was installed either with my original manjaro install or something I added. I didn’t realize how much I relied on the terminal until I didn’t have one. I now have installed another terminal program that is Desktop environment agnostic so hopefully I’ll never be in the boat of not having a terminal again lol.

I created a bootable USB disk, and re-installed linux515, and now the system seems to work fine. Thanks.

I’m using the LibreOffice “still” version (7.2.6.2) on KDE Plasma. There is a similar bug where changing the font or size of typed text from the drop down menu (the menu does show, however) the insert cursor disappears and typing further text is ignored.

A workaround I found is to simply double click on any menu entry and the insert cursor returns. It’s a weird bug, possibly just with KDE Plasma perhaps? This bug was present before this stable update too.

For some reason I am not able to wake up the screen after putting the computer to sleep using kernel 5.17.
The computer spins up, but the screen gets no signal.
Reverting to 5.15 fixes the problem.
(Plasma with Ryzen APU)

2 Likes

No new Release?

I was previously on 5.16 (with working sleep), I did this upgrade and also changed to 5.17 and my computer started waking up from sleep with a black screen (I have run into this bug and off before). Reverting to 5.16 did not fix the problem so something else in this update is affecting it.

KDE/Plasma on optimus (running only intel graphics with completely disabled nVidia card).

I will try switching to 5.15 and report back.

Update:
Reverting to 5.15 seems to have fixed the problem for me too.

2 Likes

I can’t play videos on YouTube in the new Firefox version. chrome works just fine.

Had a bit of a hiccup after upgrading one of my systems, Ryzen 5900HX - it will boot with 5.16.18, but after I log in, I got just a black screen.

As kernel 5.16.x series is now EoL, I did REISUB to 5.15.32 LTS and now the system works as expected. Next I added Kernel 5.17.1, rebooted and the system is still OK.

Unexpected behavior in the new xfce4-terminal:
F10-Key does not toggle show menu bar anymore even though the option “Disable menu shortcut key (F10 by default)” is not set.

Rapid Photo Downloader starts fine on my testing branch Chromebook (also running manjaro Gnome, to be clear).

Tried moving aside Rapid Photo Downloader config and cache directories. Also no help.

Will import photos on the chrombook and transfer to workstation for now. Presumably this will work ok when current testing updates get merged into stable.

My mate desktop was limping badly after the update. Mouse and keyboard needed 30sec to ‘wake up’, onboard onscreen keyboard acting odd and not getting on top. Control Center >> Windows showed ‘Your windows-manager is unsupported.’

Removed mate-tweak with pamac, it left all dependencies in place. Reinstalled with all optional dependencies and rebooted. Initially, there were no changes but after opening Control Center >> Mate Tweak >> Windows I was able to pick marco windows manager and I was back to normal.