[Stable Update] 2022-03-14 - Kernels, KDE, LibreOffice, Kodi, Qt5, Mozilla, NetworkManager, Pipewire

It’s solved
Thank you

There’s a known bug in Firefox 98 with hardware acceleration.

2 Likes

When upgrading to 5.16.14-1, all my audio devices are gone and there’s no sound. It was working in 5.15 (Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 9)

EDIT: Ended up messing around with uninstalling and reinstalling packages like manjaro-pipewire and got audio working again.

A post was split to a new topic: My internet connection is no longer working

I am using Manjaro XFCE. Qt apps like Okular and Gwenview no longer work.

$ okular
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.2) with this library (5.15.3)
Aborted (core dumped)
2 Likes

My first idea would be that you didn’t update qt5 before building for your repository.

1 Like

Is there any action required for this?

I did some cleaning in the issue log. I suggest we note the associated update date from now on, so we can more easily clean obsolete logs.
:broom:

5 Likes

Yup works now. Thanks

1 Like

Had to set user=myuser and group=libvirt in /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf.
I wonder how this was able to work before the update :thinking:

3 Likes

i think its about time you moved to strawberry, an actively developed fork of clementine. its in official repos.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Microsoft Teams and VMware Horizon Client do not start from desktop menu

It might be helpful to add an issue with libinput 1.20.0-1 to the list of known bugs. See https://forum.manjaro.org/t/media-keys-on-lenovo-keyboard-sk-8823-stopped-working/

My libvirt VM doesn’t start anymore - again (the previous upgrade also broke KVM/Qemu)

$ virsh -c qemu:///system start win10
error: Failed to start domain 'win10'
error: Cannot access storage file '/home/christian/VM-Storage/win10.qcow2' (as uid:959, gid:959): Permission denied
$ id -nu 959      
libvirt-qemu
$ id libvirt-qemu
uid=959(libvirt-qemu) gid=959(libvirt-qemu) groups=959(libvirt-qemu),992(kvm)
$ id christian   
uid=1000(christian) gid=1001(christian) groups=1001(christian),998(wheel),996(audio),994(input),991(lp),987(storage),984(users),90(network),98(power),1000(autologin),965(libvirt),964(docker),961(sambashare),960(realtime),959(libvirt-qemu)
$ ls -lah VM-Storage
insgesamt 76G
drwxr-xr-x  1 christian christian  110 28. Feb 10:57 .
drwx--x---+ 1 christian christian  988 14. Mär 18:11 ..
-rw-rw-r--  1 christian christian  71G 28. Feb 13:14 macos.qcow2
-rw-r--r--  1 christian christian 3,5M 28. Feb 08:13 OVMF_CODE.fd
-rw-r--r--  1 christian christian 528K 28. Feb 08:44 OVMF_VARS-1024x768.fd
-rw-rw-r--  1 christian christian  29G 14. Mär 15:25 win10.qcow2

So, the user with id 959 is libvirt-qemu. My user christian has the same secondary group libvirt-qemu. Directory and files should be accessible by groups.

What’s wrong?

1 Like

i cannot connect to the internet after this update, same as another user.
could someone please provide assistance over here?

A post was split to a new topic: Issues booting after leaving update to run overnight

During update, I got the following warnings on both machines:

==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: bfa
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qed
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla1280
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: qla2xxx
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: xhci_pci

The first four warnings appeared twice at least; however, so far everything appears to be working fine.

@philm already posted in the beginnning. arch has splitted the firmware to minimize the main firmware. these warnings are because this hardware is excluded from the firmware and only needed if you own this hardware. so in general you can ignore it. nothing to worry about.

1 Like