[Stable Update] 2022-01-23 - OpenSearch, Kernels, KDE Software, Cinnamon, Pipewire, Mesa, Gnome, LibreOffice

Edit, latest: Has since been updated and fixed.

Having issues with Brave browser (package brave-browser, v 1.34.80-1) …
After latest update it seems I can’t rearrange tabs without issue (opens new window instead of moving)
Anyone else seeing the same behaviour?

Edit: Clearing cache and reinstalling does not fix this

part of the issue on browser derived of chromium v97.0.4692.71, was fixed in v97.0.4692.99

2 Likes

Can confirm: 1279532 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail
Time to return to Chrome stable

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Standard shortcuts for the some actions are not saved

I experienced the same issue but found that the keyboard shortcut (right click menu button > Configure Application Menu > Keyboard Shortcuts) was set to None, and changing this to any key combination at all re-enabled the super key to open the application menu.

2 Likes

Thanks mate :heart_eyes:

Try this custom UI draculatheme it is much better.

This helped me with the update problem:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Hi and welcome! I did not understand what problem you had with updates.

A post was split to a new topic: MEGAsync: Error unsetting QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME vble

Could that have forced an update to Brave 1.34.81 from an official repository mirror? The official repository is still stuck on Brave 1.34.80 for me. I’m waiting for version 1.34.81 to become available in the official repository so that I can update Brave and fix the tab reordering issue on my machine. I should have probably installed from AUR, it seems that brave-bin from AUR already has Brave 1.34.81 available.

When you read "Config->… " it is in the “xfce4-settings-manager”

Brave versions in all repos are sorted now.

2 Likes

I think the issue “QTile minimizes windows” listed in Older Issues is not relevant anymore. Back then I was actually who reported on this. It was during an update of Qtile, but since then we got several Qtile updates.

The oom_score_adj error bug is still not fixed (or reintroduced if you’ve used a workaround) in this update. Same workaround as before, comment out the OOMScoreAdjust=100 line in file /usr/lib/systemd/system/user@.service.

Also there seems to be a problem with the kernel selector menu, it doesn’t automatically switch to the newest installed kernel despite what the wiki tells you (Manjaro Kernels - Manjaro). I had to enter GRUB at boot time and choose it manually. This method however does not automatically rebuild your dkms modules, you have to run dkms autoinstall afterwards. In any case, I think there should be an explicit ‘use this exact kernel’ button alongside ‘install’ and ‘remove’.

One more thing: the new qbittorrent has some weird ass behavior, I have it set to autostart, and fairly often it does not display its window when I click its icon in the tray first time after booting up. Restarting it typically fixes this, but sometimes it enters that state again later.

A post was split to a new topic: Libtorrent-rasterbar PkgResourcesDeprecationWarning

A post was split to a new topic: Endless spam in dmesg

Update went well, but I want to report a minor issue. Before the update I had the kernels 5.4, 5.10, 5.15 installed, but booted by default to 5.10. I rebooted after the update and the system booted into 5.15 by default, although I hadn’t changed anything except executing sudo pacman -Syyu. It seems that when building a new grub configuration the current kernel version booted by default is NOT taken into account.
No issue on my machine, as 5.15 seems to work fine. Just wanted to report this in case someone else wonders why the version of the kernel booted by default changed.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anki doesn’t work with Python 3.10