[Stable Update] 2022-01-02 - Kernels, Systemd, KDE Frameworks, Mesa, Xorg-Server, Wine, Python 3.10

No, it listed all packages it was going to install/reinstall/delete and asked for confirmation one time. As if you tried to install multiple packages with pamac.

Ah OK, i get it, thanks

the python update is affecting other software such as kodi.
A fact that has apparently already caused some issues in the arch world. I found the following searching for a solution.

the proposed solution is downgrading python to 3.10.0

1 Like

You can have a similar result with --no-confirm

pamac build $(pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.9) --no-confirm
1 Like

Do you remove guayadeque music player again from Manjaro’s repos?
Can you simply add it again?

A post was split to a new topic: No package metadata was found for powerline-shell

Yep.

Nope.

Everything went fine, the only issue is a warning that the installed Manjaro-Hello is newer then the one in thte repo.

warning: manjaro-hello: local (0.6.6-10) is newer than extra (0.6.6-9)

Pops up after each update command (“sudo pacman -Syyu”)

Run sudo pacman -Syyuu to downgrade Manjaro-Hello to match the repos.

Thanks, that worked!

1 Like

(I hope I don’t regret asking this, but …) Could someone expand on this please? What does this mean exactly? Thanks.

1 Like

All went fine and a handful of py stuff upgraded ok.
However, I use I3, which still works fine (bindings, windows placement etc), BUT the status bar has dis-appeared (Polybar). Changed config to display status bar on top of screen instead of bottom but still no joy. Is anyone else running I3 and having the same problem? :man_shrugging:

Works, but manjaro hello release info is now mentioning 21.1. :slight_smile:

Refresh your mirrors and update to 3.5.7-1.

The devs must have had a reason for downgrading the package and I’m sure they will sort it all out soon. Also downgrading the package will get rid of the error and force the local system to match the repos. That being said, if the package is causing no issues, it is OK to keep the newer package installed locally if one desires. I did downgrade myself and can confirm that “Release Info” now refers to the prior release. No worries!

1 Like

Thanks for that. All good. :slightly_smiling_face: :ok_hand:

Almost Everything went smoothly, and a HUGE thank you for updating kicad to version 6.0!

The only problem I’m having is that gestures are no longer working with touchegg and the Synaptics touchpad on my laptop. Looks like libinput was part of this update, and systemd displays the following daemon status message:

Jan 02 17:39:55 hostname touchegg[4318]: libinput error: event5 - SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: libinput bug: invalid gesture event GESTURE_EVENT_PINCH in state GESTURE_STATE_NONE

EDIT: False alarm, touchegg and libinput are both working fine. Looks like the kicad major version update sets the default zoom in / zoom out to null, for whatever reason. Manually setting them to ctrl + and ctrl - respectively makes everything function as expected.

A post was split to a new topic: X wouldn’t start properly after upgrade

perhaps this post near the beginning of this thread would help?

I also noticed a second experience and suggestion…

Issues with AUR packages are off topic in Announcement threads.