[Stable Update] 2021-12-16 - Kernels, KDE Gear 21.12.0, Gnome Extensions, LibreOffice

Appreciate your efforts in discovering the problem and establishing a workaround. Cheers.

It happens the same with Kernel 5.10 and 5.15, with the NVIDIA 495XX and 470XX drivers.

This is the log journalctl:

https://pastebin.com/NRNLQ28r

1 Like

1.4-3 broke it for me, i had no issues prior to that.
trying to switch to another card in optimus manager-qt brings an error:
unable to connect to optimus manager daemon:
no such file or directory.

1 Like

If optimus-manager is going to be that problematic, I’ll just drop it from the repos. I do not have hardware with hybrid graphics to test. The previous maintainer did, but he is no longer on the team.

Can we still use it from github?

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Optimus manager doesn’t work after upgrade

I have the same problem on 5.10, 5.14 and 5.15

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Optimus manager doesn’t work after upgrade

A post was merged into an existing topic: Optimus manager doesn’t work after upgrade

I know: Don’t post if all is good!.. Yeah, all is great here!.. Accept this post though as a way to wish all the wonderful Manjaro Team and Community merry Christmas and a prosperous new year of 2022!!!..

It’s still in AUR

The multiple monitor crash is now fixed for me too with this update. Many thanks.

Can you add information about Optimus to the starting post? Installing from AUR seems to solve it for most people, temporarily.

1 Like

Nope. It’s been dropped to the AUR.

Don’t know if this is a manjaro issue but after the update, my steam home folder (for downloads) got reset. I added the correct folder back in and everything works. No other issues thus far

This happened to me with the last update. It seems happening again.

I experienced/noticed this issue too after this Stable update… and got to thinking it might have something to do with wine being updated at/around the same time, and but found it was installed 6 days before this stable release…

$ grep -i wine /var/log/pacman.log
[2021-12-10T14:52:45-0600] [ALPM] upgraded wine (6.21-1 -> 6.23-1)

hmm… had I really not clicked an html link for 5-6 days post wine update? Possible, but not so sure about that being probable with my typical use. :man_shrugging:

I had two issues after the update that I resolved:

• I use termite terminal, It couldn’t start after the update so I didn’t have access to the terminal. It was one version behind, I had to switch to tty update it via AUR and it worked after that (yay -S termite)
  • rofi configuration structure changed so it couldn’t start. In ~/.config/rofi/config.rasi I needed to remove the theme from configuration {} block and add it outside of the block: @theme "example"

Everything is working fine now.

It appears with nvidia 470xx drivers and with 5.14, 5.15 and 5.16rc4 kernels as well. It’s not even possible to enter tty for me as keybard is not responsive; only hard reset brings PC back to life.

1 Like

Ah cool … after the Breeze-Icon update from today the Dolphin Icon now seems to conform to the selected Highlight color. :+1:

Screenshot_20211219_132737

1 Like