[Stable Update] 2021-12-10 - Kernels, Systemd, LibreOffice, Plasma, Browser, Thunderbird

This is the duplicate:

1 Like

Thank you!

:+1:

Ok i will look into that :).

Themes problem on my Cinnamon installation.
Why is the “Darker” theme no longer available? So far I always chose “Mint-Y-Darker-Teal”, which unfortunately no longer exists. That was so nice with a darker menu bar and a light background. I don’t like a completely dark theme, even when everything is light.
Is there any way I can get that back?

2 Likes

Any ideas why this happened? Its happened to me too.

I am on Xfce; after this update I see bigger fonts and Whisker menu no longer honor all directives placed in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css, in particular this:

/* search entry box */
#whiskermenu-window>frame>stack>box>box>entry {
border-color: #004ed1;
border-radius: 6px;
border-width: 2px;
}

Is ignored.

Furthermore I still have the issue about lightdm (since September):

After Stable Update 2021-09-24 LightDM no longer automatically start - #34 by D.Dave

You are now using default Manjaro KDE shell - zsh. To return back to bash, create a new profile in Konsole settings and set “startup program”(or some like that) to /bin/bash.
But maybe you would like to try zsh out.

1 Like

Then this fun is there deliberately? :sweat_smile:

Ok, I will try.

SDDM login colors are being rendered for me in a sort of high contrast efect, I tried setting the SDDM theme to Breeze, logged out and back in and then to Breath and still it looks like this:

I also tried syncing the dark theme settings I had to SDDM and no change from that either.

Also had konsole with a white background in the dark theme setting…

What’s your plasma5-themes-breath version?

It’s version 21.2.0-1.

Did you sync before the update? Try one more time, now it should work.

Yes, I also did a pacman-mirrors run before the upgrade.

   ~  sudo pacman -Syyu                                                                                                              ✔ 
[sudo] password for jpalko: 
:: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                                     169,2 KiB   890 KiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 extra                                                   1920,5 KiB  22,3 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 community                                                  6,8 MiB  39,8 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                 176,4 KiB  8,61 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

When I try to restore my preferences in Yakuake (change font), when I click on “Apply” I get

Insufficient permissions to save settings to: ‘/usr/share/konsole/Breath.profile’.
Either change the permissions of that file or set a different name to save the settings to a new profile.

@ceres , I was :nauseated_face: when I saw that zsh for the first time. It was looking just like you posted (but symbols was ok for me).
I tried to ignore how it looks like and tried it. I like it functionality: what I realized first is perfect autocomplete abilities. But I can’t look at this, also time of commands execution duration could be informative sometimes, but when to share terminal output to someone it is a junk to remove manually.

Later I realized how to configure that new component in konsole got and now it is a big pleasure for me to use it.

Give zsh a try to be liked by you: try to configure it also: powerlevel10k/README.md at master · romkatv/powerlevel10k · GitHub

Configuration wizard
Type p10k configure to access the builtin configuration wizard right from your terminal.

1 Like

Breath profile is system now. To make your local changes please copy default profile to local as suggested by message.

Still doesn’t work? That’s weird. Remove /var/lib/sddm/.config/kdeglobals and try again. Also which color scheme are you using?

What message?

I fixed this with:

cp /usr/share/konsole/Breath.profile ~/.local/share/konsole/ 

Then restarted Yakuake.

1 Like

This one.

1 Like
  1. I can’t hide Opera web-browser(official, community). The browser can be closed or resized its window, but when I want to hide its window, it opens at once.
    I’ve tried reinstall it or use Snap and it wasn’t fixed

2. When I shutdown PC, it shows me at last second:
    изображение_2021-12-11_151415

Is this good, bad or normal? Should I close my eyes on it or fix it? I hadn’t seen this before.