[Stable Update] 2021-12-10 - Kernels, Systemd, LibreOffice, Plasma, Browser, Thunderbird

Lost all of the kernels so you can’t even choose a different kernel in grub menu?

1 Like

It seems so

Same issue here. Standard shell changed from bash to zsh.
Set it back manually by editing the profile file as suggested.

Nevermind, found that I didn’t pushed the fix for Breath Dark into repo. Will be available soon… Again sorry we didn’t catch it during unstable and testing phases.

2 Likes

Good to hear that an explanation was found.

You might be able to boot the system with a live cd and chroot into the installation and still fix the issue. I’ve done that to Arch and other distributions earlier but I don’t remember the recommended commands for Manjaro live cd chrooting just right now.

Edit: googling helps, you could try this if you didn’t reinstall yet:
[HowTo] Chroot from or into any Linux distribution
Although, I’d go with the manjaro-chroot command which handles steps 3-5 if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Why no python 3.10?

The update left my system in a broken state.

I started the Manjaro update from the graphical UI along with an update of virtualbox-ext-oracle from the AUR to version 6.1.30 and went out of the room for doing some other stuff. When I came back, the updater had vanished, and the desktop was dead (nothing was working). Apparently the process crashed somewhere in the middle, leaving a broken system that didn’t boot any more. After restoring it with Timeshift I gave it a second shot, but first uninstalled virtualbox-ext-oracle on suspicion. This time everything went fine. Later I could re-install that package again without problems.

System: Asus ROG-Strix B550-E Gaming, Ryzen 5800X, Nvidia RTX 3080 with proprietary drivers, KDE.

1 Like

Cause Manjaro - Fresh & Stable

Details:
Cause it does not reach testing branch of Manjaro →
cause it does not reach unstable branch of Manjaro →
cause it does not reach stable repo of Arch Linux, Testing only (Arch Linux - Package Search), but as you see was flagged in stable branch there as outdated.

You can monitor approaching to stable branch of any package by querying the Manjaro - Branch Compare with your package
Currently it is far from stable
But when it reach testing branch of Manjaro updates, it is hard to say the exact date when it will be merged into stable different packages has different time to realize is it stable enough or not, some other packages uses 3.9 version and need to be rebuilt against 3.10 and to test them. After that, all those stuff will join stable branch of Manjaro updates.

2 Likes

Fixed in repo. When package will arrive, don’t forget to reapply the color scheme (i.e. apply some other and then return back) and sync sddm config. For now you could try to use this.

cp -f /etc/skel/.config/kdeglobals /var/lib/sddm/.config/

2 Likes

Since update today i get this problems on CS GO.
Any Idea i think its something with mesa maybe,

Thx

It’s CSGO update, check this

Thanks! I’m brand new to Manjaro and spent the last 18 hours trying to install and update it. It kept borking my system and had to reinstall about a dozen times. I saw your tip, followed it, and am up and running! Thanks again.

3 Likes

Copying that helped the SDDM login to be more pleasent to eyes, although the icons appear quite dark and the text input is quite dark but I’d take that any day over the eye burning oversaturated image. :sunglasses:

You can try to set theme to light → apply plasma colors → set theme to dark. Also would fix this issue as light theme had correct values.

thank you!

Not sure. It’s definitely something that should be fixed for future updates.

I’m confused about this. After the stable update, I installed the breath-dark-icon-theme because I love the green Dolphin folder icons. Are these being deprecated?

1 Like

CSGO won’t even start for me and hasn’t now for several weeks. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes. We suggest to use Breeze icons now.