[Stable Update] 2021-11-19 - Kernels, Gnome 41.1, Plasma 5.23.3, Frameworks 5.88, LxQt 1.0, Xorg-Server 21.1, Mesa

hi, I get this error:

Error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
conflicting dependencies:
- pipewire-media-session and wireplumber are in conflict

any idea?

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Conflicting files: foot already exists in filesystem

I also can’t upgrade. I get the error message: “unable to satisfy dependency ‘libffi.so=8-64’ required by thunderbird”.

I haven’t updated yet but I wanted to say thank you to the dev team and all those that contributed to this update. It’s easy to forget how many hours go into projects like Manjaro and this update was not an easy one.

Thanks again!!

7 Likes

Read the known issues. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

See here:

had the same problem with pacman…

solution is:

sudo pacman -S pipewire-media-session
pamac install wireplumber
8 Likes

Your mirror isn’t fully synced (yet), Wait for it to sync or try another one.

1 Like

Done before posting, does not fix the issue. The manjaro-sway repo has the old version which causes the error.

“Your mirror isn’t fully synced (yet), Wait for it to sync or try another one.”

Probably this. :point_up:

Check here for more info: https://repo.manjaro.org/

1 Like

About the second step: do you actually need to specifically update wireplumber? Could it not be updated with the rest?

sudo pacman -S pipewire-media-session
sudo pacman -Su
1 Like

no, the first step removes wireplumber.

3 Likes

Just upgraded, seems like it went well but I’ll need to do more testing. Before upgrading I performed the pamac upgrade and wire-plumber changes so I wonder if that helped.

The only issue I have is when I try to use the 5.15 kernel, things become incredibly slow, the DE (KDE) locks up and shows blurred backgrounds where the application launcher and taskbar should be, and it’s pretty unfunctional overall. I’ve gone back to 5.14 in the meantime (using an X1 Carbon 9th gen)

There’s no poll for successful updates, so I would like to say it’s fine here and thanks for the hard working of Manjaro team.

5 Likes

Most likely philm wanted to add that later but I just added one.

At last…waited soooooooooo long…
Now updating…

GUI didn’t launch.
The problem is nvidia was updated to 495 and my (old) graphic card requires nvidia-470xx.
After removing all newer nvidia pkg and installing all needed nvidia-470xx pkg, all went fine.

Nice update anyway.
Thanks a lot :smiley:

2 Likes

Kernel 5.15.2 seems broken for me in this update. Most things worked fine under the last version of 5.15.x in stable (was it rc6?), but under 5.15.2 my system hangs at the desktop immediately after logging into sddm. I can not ssh into the system, can not switch virtual terminals, etc. 5.14.19 can go to the desktop (but has problems with my virtual machines) and 5.13 is still the only kernel working fine.

Other info:
CPU: 5950x
main GPU: AMD RX 6900XT
DE: swaywm
(other GPU but is still bound to vfio_pci at boot): nvidia RTX 3080

1 Like

Yeah, that is really a sad story. Any reason why they did not work on it that you are aware off?

2 Likes

Well I’ve had an interesting one and I’m not really sure what happened. I was running the update like normal and my computer locked up toward the end. Couldn’t get any response from anything, no switching to CLI or mouse movement. Waited a while and restarted and apparently I now have no kernel image (or fallback). Guess that’s a reminder to always backup. Figured I’d post about it in case anyone has any similar experiences.

2 Likes