[Stable Update] 2021-10-08 - Kernels, Mesa, Browsers, Python, UKUI, PHP, Thunderbird, Pipewire

2 posts were split to a new topic: Neovim breaking changes since last update

A post was split to a new topic: Kernel 5.14 causing problems

Seems like the update to brltty broke detection of Arduinos - my Arduino nano is now detected as an input device, and thus completely unusable.Works again when removing brltty and qemu (which depends on brltty)

1 Like

vhba version mismatch for 5.10 LTS kernel

kernel: vhba: version magic '5.10.69-1-MANJARO SMP preempt mod_unload ’ should be '5.10.70-1-MANJARO SMP preempt mod_unload ’

2 Likes

Make sure your mirrors are synced up.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: After update 2021-10-08 audio devices click/pop when playback started

A post was merged into an existing topic: Conky doesn’t start during login after lats update

6 posts were split to a new topic: USB ports not working after last update

A post was split to a new topic: Flatpak: Unacceptable TLS certificate

The are. Switching to 5.4 or 5.14 were absolutely clean and no problems were found

Update: switched to another mirror with the same result

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Suspend not working after last update

At boot, appears a black screen with the message:
switch_root: directory not empty.

After some seconds, maybe 40s, the message disappears and the login screen shows up.

After update, my USB camera Microsoft HD 3000 is now active all the time (LED is on), even after reboot.

Was it wise to include Apache HTTPD 2.4.49 in this update?
At least in my httpd.conf “require all denied” is commented out (=disabled) which I assume is default for Manjaro so Version 2.4.49 & 2.4.50 (but not 2.4.48) is affected by this remote code execution issue.

[1] CVE-2021-41773 - apache - Arch Linux
[2] Bedingung "require all denied" | Forum - heise online

Only 2.4.49 is affected as stated in the security report you linked. 2.4.50 is available in the Manjaro unstable branch and 2.4.51 is currently in Arch Testing. You’ll most likely see the latter by the time there’s a new Manajaro stable update.

1 Like

I wake up to a blank screen from hibernation after this update. Keyboard backlight turns on, but I can’t ping the device, so it’s not connecting to the network at least, not sure if anything else is working. Reboot using REISUB works.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Shotcut scrolling doesn’t work after last update

Following the information the 2nd link provided (or this one), the fix in 2.4.50 was insufficient, so it is still affected. Or may be affected, due it depends on the content of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf (require all denied for server-root).

After this update Firefox 93.0 could not open bookmark subfolders inside the main folders and FF crushed, but opened a crush report window. Interesting was to note, that the same FF 93.0 did not have this phenomena in my Ubuntu 20.04, Win10 or Android (FF 93.1.0), i.e. no problems with opening of bookmark subfolders. I reported about all this to FF in detail. My interim solution was to download flatpak FF 93.0.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unable to login in remotely using ssh using rsa keys after last update