[Stable Update] 2021-07-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22.4, Systemd, Cinnamon, Firefox, LibreOffice

good morning…yesterday I uninstalled catfish from pamac and today I reinstalled it, it is working.

Just out of curiosity:
the problem was already reported yesterday:

and out of curiosity I downloaded the source package and installed it for user only: by opening terminal and executing python3 setup.py install --user

https://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/catfish/4.16/catfish-4.16.1.tar.bz2

the package worked perfectly yesterday, it was just a matter of waiting for them to fix it and manjaro and arch are not exactly slow, I am very happy with them.

saludos a todos y feliz dia

Hello,

I have been using Manjaro GNOME for almost a year now on my Legion 5 laptop.
I have an AMD Ryzen cpu and an nvidia gpu. I had been running in the discreet graphic mode from the beginning since I needed HDMI output and it only worked this way.
After this update today morning, I am getting a black screen just after the boot. :frowning:
I tried to boot with an installed old kernel (5.10) and it worked one time. But after a restart it is also giving just a blank sceen.
Actually this is my work system. So any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello, your problems cannot be easily related to a specific package update.

It would be a better idea to create a specific thread to troubleshoot your issues.

Ok, I understand, thank you

Already fixed: Catfish file search is not working since stable update on 2021-07-28 - #3 by philm

1 Like

This update broke my monitors in a bad and weird way.

Here is my monitor arrangement before this update:

The two vertical ones on the side are connected to Nvidea card via HDMI and the middle on is connected to on-board DVI port of motherboard.

When I rebooted the computer, the SDDM loaded and I had all monitors in the landscape, the left monitor was now on the right side of the middle monitor and the right monitor was a mirror of the middle one (primary)! The KDE panel was gone in the primary monitor, all the desktop wallpapers were changed to something (in both Plasma and SDDM). When I make the middle monitor primary via settings window, the KDE panel fills only half of the screen and it does not respond to left-click what so ever (the correct background is always only shown above the KDE panel which in case of this screenshot is the purple one!!):

I have rebooted multiple times and nothing got better. I booted into AwesomeWM and everything worked except the monitor arrangement which was behaving similar to SDDM.

Also the numlock status has been reset to default.

It seems that this update have badly damaged my SDDM config and my plasma config!

Any suggestion/fix is highly appreciated.

System info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.0-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NV136
❯  inxi --graphics
Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics
  driver: i915 v: kernel
  Device-2: NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] driver: nouveau v: kernel
  Device-3: Sunplus Innovation HD 720P webcam type: USB
  driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: modesetting,nouveau
  unloaded: intel resolution: 1: 1080x1920~60Hz 2: 1080x1920~60Hz
  3: 1920x1080~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: NV136 v: 4.3 Mesa 21.1.5

I had the same issue.

@philm This should be mentioned under New issues.

There’s an Arch bug report open: FS#71587 - [glances] Requires python-defusedxml

Install python-defusedxml. Ignore the second comment by Rafael, that is NOT what should be done.

1 Like

Trying to update, I get this. Is this to do with the legacy drivers being dropped? How should I update?
I have a laptop with nvidia 920M + intel graphics (hybrid)…

looking for conflicting packages…
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing nvidia-390xx-utils (390.144-1) breaks dependency ‘nvidia-390xx-utils=390.143’ required by linux59-nvidia-390xx

this kernel not exists :wink: remove it

3 Likes

So all of us who are on the testing branch are not getting this update? Is plasma 5.23 coming so they rather wait?

Please go to settings → kernel and install kernel 510. After that you can uninstall kernel 59 and should be good to go.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Manjaro.org is down

I noticed the same in GNOME for my wired connection. This could be a network manager issue.

2 Likes

I can confirm. Using Realtek Ethernet Controller and kernel 5.13.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Manjaro.org is down

GDM got nuked with this update plus a weird bug, I have to sudo to start chromium.

Not for me. What does that mean?

Do NOT start user apps with sudo.

Please open your own #support topic for help.

Yes, we know manjaro.org is having issues. This is not related to the stable update. Please see:

4 Likes
update failed because of a problem with npm.
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/exit-handler.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/index.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-dependencies.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-scripts.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-workspaces.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.eslintrc.json exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.npmignore exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/format-diff.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/index.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/untar.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/archive.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/ruyadorno-simplistic-pkg-with-folders-1.0.0.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/simple-output-2.2.1.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/format-diff.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/index.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/should-print-patch.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/tarball.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/untar.js exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
$ 

so removed npm:

pacman -R npm

Then was able to proceed with update.

After rebooting, tried to install npm but received the error message above for (conflicting files).

So removed (conflicting files)
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/exit-handler.js
# /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE
bash: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE: Permission denied
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/index.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-dependencies.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-scripts.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-workspaces.js
# /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json
bash: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json: Permission denied
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.eslintrc.json
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.npmignore
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/format-diff.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/index.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/untar.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/archive.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/ruyadorno-simplistic-pkg-with-folders-1.0.0.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/simple-output-2.2.1.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/format-diff.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/index.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/should-print-patch.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/tarball.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/untar.js
# 
Had to remove some files manually via GUI
/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE

/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json

After that, was able to install npm.