[Stable Update] 2021-06-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Mesa, Deepin, Systemd, Gnome Apps 40.2, Pipewire, Haskell

are there official mirrors held by the distribution maintainers/creators?

As far as I know, these two:

https://mirrors.fossho.st/manjaro/
https://mirrors.manjaro.org/repo/

(well, not operated by manjaro I guess. Fosshost and some CDN provider, but they are closest to be considered “trusted” I’d say)

1 Like

We only maintain this CDN network with our partner CDN77: https://mirrors.manjaro.org/repo/ We have about 42 mirrors all over the globe on 6 continents. @linub fosshost is syncing normally as any other mirror we have too.

2 Likes

No, manjaro-system is doing it for you automatically. We only want to be very transparent in how we deal with the issue and what the issue actually is.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! After many update-grub tries, this finally worked!

Thank you for all the work. I had to move to 5.13 this morning because of the kernel panic but seeing that you fixed the issue is awesome!

Updating in the bare console (Ctrl-Alt-F2), I doubt that this is affected.

How do I know what system I use? Silly as it neems…I can get to any info except the system number.
I run 4.19 and that one fails to boot up in a certain system…
Thanks
Melissa

We don’t test all kernel series. See also here. I might find time to do a git-bisect this week to see what changed on 4.19 kernel series and why it won’t boot on v248 systemd. Please use a different kernel like linux414 or linux510.

Perfectly super. I just wanted to prepare for the update, I always do that:

• read up
  • read the forum post
  • make a snapshot
  • make backups
  • do the upgrade in a console (Ctrl-Alt-F2)
    I love Manjaro.

Eh, it’s okay, I need to tweak the kernels anyway. Still have to clean the 5.9 off as well. Let me read up on which one of the suggestions is the best for me :slight_smile:
Just happy I know beforehand so I can make arrangements :wink:
Be well, be safe…
Lov’ ya
:rose: Melissa :rose:

3 Likes

I’d say if you regard stability, linux-510 would be your best bet. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

what about 5.12?

For me the security risk looks like it is related to ARM, maybe im wrong… but ARM is for Smartphone’s right? I don’t see any relations to a Manjaro PC OS.

5.12 is the latest stable, whereas 5.10 is the latest LTS. That’s why the suggestion was made. Context. :wink:

2 Likes

I got it :slight_smile:
But i didn’t face with some troubles in 5.12, that’s why i asked about 5.12

isn’t x86_64 architecture, “regular” manjaro?

“Installations of the pre-built Manjaro ARM images previous to 21.06 or
Manjaro x86_64 ISOs previous to 21.0.6 can be tricked into installing
maliciously signed packages by a network attacker, leading to code
execution as root.”

because the names are too similar maybe?

I gave kernel 5.10 a go and it ran properly. Then I ran these updates, and now it doesn’t boot. I see the boot scroll messages (I don’t like silent grub) and then it gets stuck in a black screen and I don’t even see LightDM. Ctrl Alt F* does nothing. I uncommented the lz4 option mentioned earlier in the thread but I’m not even sure that matters in this context.

5.4 still works.

Just use the kernel which works for you @Cheker. I only saw that linux419 won’t boot with systemd …

2 Likes

The ones declared “LTS” and “recommended” you should … hm?

1 Like