[Stable Update] 2021-06-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Mesa, Deepin, Systemd, Gnome Apps 40.2, Pipewire, Haskell

Well another update from the stable branch failed for me. Just like every single other update in the last year (serious).

I tried updating with Sudo pacman --Syyu then with sudo pamac upgrade and then from the GUI Pamac.

Checking integrity...                                                                      [302/302]
Error: adobe-source-han-sans-cn-fonts: signature from "Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
Error: adobe-source-han-sans-jp-fonts: signature from "Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
Error: adobe-source-han-sans-kr-fonts: signature from "Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
Error: linux-api-headers: signature from "Giancarlo Razzolini (grazzolini) <grazzolini@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust
Error: glibc: signature from "Giancarlo Razzolini (grazzolini) <grazzolini@archlinux.org>" is unknown trust

… list goes on

Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it? Or do I need to do fresh reinstall again?

Thanks for any suggestions.

guest and host are 2 different things: the former is used inside a virtualbox vm ( the guest), the latter on the machine running virtualbox and the vm on it (the host).

@Monro : There is no linux54-virtualbox-guest-modules package and linux54 itself does not provide VIRTUALBOX-GUEST-MODULES as opposed to linux510 (which does):

$ pacman -Si linux54
Provides        : linux=5.4.125
$ pacman -Si linux510
Provides        : linux=5.10.43  VIRTUALBOX-GUEST-MODULES  WIREGUARD-MODULE
1 Like

since 8 days virtualbox guest are ONLY in linux510 package and more, but if we have less nothing ?

• From this post:

you could try these commands:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -Syu

Refreshing keys would solve your first issue too.

Thank you. I will try these and post an update.

No it’s not.

The guest modules are part of the normal kernel package.

The host-modules are only needed for machines that host / run guest machines (as the name already suggests).

linux54 does not have the vboxsf module. It’s only available from version 5.6 onwards:

https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/VBOXSF_FS.html

You can still install the missing module from the VirtualBoxGuestAdditions CD image.
Note that you need package dkms to so that the additions can build the modules…

I haven’t seen it, sorry for the inconvenience, my :brain: needs to be water cooled :hot_face:

I deleted the post to not cause further confusion

Please see the installed components in the screenshot.

Anyway, I did have shared folders before the update and did not, after.
I don’t know what happened, but its for the devs to investigate.

Your installed package must be an old package no longer present in the repositories:

I was on the same boat as you. My dmesg also complained about vboxsf, but sharing still worked just fine.

I had those guest modules installed too and I removed them because of what’s already been said (they’re for the guest, not the host). I don’t know about pamac but in octopi they show up listed as being from the AUR.

Errors disappeared, and through it all sharing never stopped working, whatever little sense that makes.

Yepp, it was removed in May and got removed form stable with the previous update 2021-06-07:

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/-/snippets/651/raw/

1 Like

THANK YOU, @gan ! Running those commands fixed the issue and I was able to update the system. Rebooted and everything works.

Actually, the case shows that one who know less must use pacman instead of pamac. Pamac automatized the process and honestly now I don’t know what it did and it would be hard to fix for me when things gone bad. Pacman provides me to do only what I know and understand, otherwise I won’t touch anything to remain safe.
In the case, I tried pacman, my knowledge was not enough to solve the problem, so I came to forum to understand what is wrong. In another scenario, the automatic procedure may cause a mess which I cannot solve, even define.

1 Like

Another excellent stable update. Thank you, everyone. No issues in LXQt on a Ryzen CPU and AMD GPU with the various graphics driver updates, Linux updates, and all the rest.

Question: At what point in the development cycle is it normal for Manjaro’s build of Linux to contain the usual patches, e.g. Fsync? 5.13-rc4 and now -rc5 lack such creature comforts and are (predictably) more ‘raw’ than the 5.12 stable Linux series.

Hi, I just got an update notification for systemd 248.3-3 from 248.3-2. Is this a part of this update?
Edit: A few days ago, I got the update for 247 → 248

BTW
Anyone know why the LXQT community edition was removed from the downloads ?
At last LXQT 0.17 solved the multiple sudo admins policykit issue and yet the edition is gone.

I was curious and I tested all LTS kernels on my old DELL E6500 after the systemd fixes with Plasma.

Results:
5.10 OK
5.4 OK
4.19 OK

4.14 crash and kernel panic, no x

4.9 mouse cursor on blank screen , crash, kernel panic after slow load of Plasma

4.4 “proc: unrcognized mount option hidepid=invisible or missing value”
mouse cursor on blank screen , no SDDM screen

Noticed this error : “cgroup: cgroup2: unknown option “nsdelegate, memory_recursiveprot””
Power management could not be started.

Not only did the update go without a hitch, but it also fixed my Bluetooth earphone dropouts problem! Thanks Manjaro team!

Ref: Dropouts with bluetooth earphones

I’m still struggeling with this change from pulseaudio to pipewire. pulseffects does not work, pulseeffects sink has no function ans so forth. i could get audio to run but it fails periodically. i read dozens of wiki, threads here, searching the internet but i could not find any tutorial or troubleshooting that gave a solution. it’s chaotic

My first manjaro kde update with my new [Clevo NL51LU 15.6-inch Metal Design] from laptopwithlinux.

Update works fine without any issue.

Thank you