[Stable Update] 2021-06-07 - Kernels, Perl, Haskell, Tesseract, Cutefish, KDE, Nvidia

Hey! I added export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 to /etc/environment, after that the driver was built and works on kernels 5.4 and 5.10.

the problem with the test branch still remains in the stable

Try a workaround

Chromium --high-dpi-support=1 --force-device-scale-factor=2

1 Like

Update worked but had to reboot before being able to connect USB drive.

Shouldn’t the command be …python3.9… not …python3.8…. under Older Issues, second post.

I use pacman and see these messages on the console, as well as grepping /var/log/pacman.log.

Where do pamac GUI users see these warning messages?

1 Like

No. The command targets packages built for the old version.

1 Like

But the title says, “Python 3.9 Requires Rebuilds”

Right. Whenever a new version is released, packages with files in the older version’s directory need to be rebuilt.

1 Like

Looks like the link is okay now.

What is the difference between, “Different overlay package(s)” vs “Different sync package(s)” for the various repositories?

On a side note, I uncommented VerbosePkgLists in /etc/pacman.conf to get a nice readable table of updates.

Ah got it. The python apps from AUR require the rebuild for the new python on the system.

I haven’t come across it myself, but I suppose it can happen that the AUR package isn’t ready for the new version of python?

I suppose that is when users start looking at python virtual environments?

Thank you banjo, that work-around works perfectly :smiley:

Overlay packages have been built by Manjaro Team.
Sync packages are taken as they were from Arch.

No.
ÀUR packages are built locally against the then installed versions of other packages/libs (python in this case) when installed.
They (oftentimes) need to be rebuilt, when those libs get updated.
Sometimes one gets away without rebuilding and the AUR package just seems to work - but if any “suspicious” malfunctioning starts happening it’s a good idea to first freshly rebuild the AUR package in question.
Sometimes these packages won’t work at all without rebuilding - as is the case with these python packages.

Everything seems to be fine on cinnamon.

It looks like you are on Testing branch?

But to answer your question, use Pamac to upgrade.

1 Like

Hello, I fixed my issue with nvidia 340-xx.

@Theodor

Tnx for the info, but I also had some error 2 thing :slight_smile:

Since I was on kernel 5.10.41-1 fallback initramfs wich was compiled with 11.1 gcc according to inxi -Sazy and kernel 5.4.123 was completely unusable, I decided to uninstall and install again.
So I uninstalled kernel 5.4.123 and the headers as well and installed it again.
linux54 and linux54-headers

It worked!! without any errors!! I did that through pamac its easier.

So first would be to try to boot to a fallback if it works or install another kernel through
tty CTRL + Alt + F3
If all goes well you boot to that kernel and again uninstall k 5.10.41-1 and install again.
linux510 and linux510-headers

If all goes well you can boot to k 5.10.41-1 and enjoy :slight_smile:

This worked for me.

@6x12 tagging you in case you haven’t solved yet.

1 Like

I still can’t launch certain things including my terminal, so I have to use uxterm but I have also lost copy/paste.

I still get this error when trying to run urxvt:
error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have updated the perl modules using :ok_hand:
pacman -Qo /usr/lib/perl5/5.32 as suggested by @freggel.doe and everything played nicley.

I have also done done this as suggested by @philm in reply to @stargazer :

# Install yay
sudo pacman -S --needed --noconfirm yay

# Rebuild AUR python packages
yay -S --noconfirm $(pacman -Qqo "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages")

Still not working.
Any suggestions as what to try next?
Thnx.

Thanks but that doesn’t seem to work for me still get the dkms error (make.log showing gcc mismatch) when reinstalling linux54.

Hi,
First uninstall k 5.4 again, add export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 to /etc/profile or to /etc/environment it should work either way and try again…

The thing is to make the kernel and nvidia to be compiled by the same version of gcc.

1 Like

No, doesn’t work for me.
Removed linux54 and linux54-headers with pamac, added
export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1
line to /etc/environment file (it was already on the bottom of profile file) and reinstalled linux54 (5.4.123-1) and linux54-headers (5.4.123-1) with pamac but still getting the same error.