[Stable Update] 2021-05-19 - Kernels, Nvidia, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB

You should replace plasma-desktop-primex with plasma-desktop.

linux59 is long EOL, you should switch the kernel to a newer one, like llinux510 (LTS).

PipeWire 0.3.28 was released 11 hours ago ( 0.3.28 Release · PipeWire / pipewire · GitLab ) and fixes the serious issues of the volume getting reduced to 0 and being unrecoverable without a restart that I’ve been seeing lately with 0.3.26 and 0.3.27. Can we please get a quick update to 0.3.28 so I can switch back from the -git packages? Thanks for the update.

1 Like

It tells you in the output:

Use Manjaro Settings Manager to remove Linux 5.9 and install a stable or LTS (Long Term Support) kernel. 5.9 is EOL (End Of Life) and is no longer in the repos.

Sure, switch to the unstable branch. :wink:

The volume getting reset to 0 is not fitting of a “stable” branch.

No.
You need to keep adding the replacments for the “required by” *-git packages that keep popping up to the list of packages to replace (kconfigwidgets in your current case/state):

$ sudo pacman -Syu kguiaddons kconfigwidgets

Rinse and repeat until you got them all stacked up and the package manager will actually start it’s work.

newer local packages
pamac update î‚Č ✔ î‚Č 10s  Preparando... Sincronizando banco de dados de pacotes... Aviso: pamac-cli: local (10.1.2-0.1) Ă© mais novo que extra (10.0.6-2) Aviso: pamac-common: local (10.1.2-0.1) Ă© mais novo que extra (10.0.6-2) Aviso: pamac-gtk: local (10.1.2-0.1) Ă© mais novo que extra (10.0.6-2) Resolvendo dependĂȘncias... Verificando conflito entre pacotes... Aviso: dependĂȘncia cĂ­clica detectada: Aviso: bashrc-manjaro serĂĄ instalado antes de sua dependĂȘncia bash

–geoip Brazil and I use manjaro lxqt

T+ = See you later

how to remove Linux 5.9 kernel and how to install the new one if my system not bootable, can i install from Terminal (Alt+F2)? Thank you.

@jdcard do a pacman -Q | grep git and see which git packages you have. Remove the git suffix from those packages you want to replace and put them into a row to install them via sudo pacman -S <list of packages>.

An upstream issue that did not affect everyone has nothing to do with Manjaro. It seems you’ve already found a temporary solution.

The Pipewire packages cannot be ported from the unstable branch to the stable branch, they are not standalone.

EDIT: See:

See Manjaro Kernels - Manjaro

If you need more help, please create a new topic in the appropriate #support category.

@Buju I did a build of pipewire against stable branch. Give it a try and report back.

3 Likes

Pretty much a wonderful update!.. At the end of the day all is great!.. But

1. Pamac decided to not cooperate so well for this time. First of all, no updates showing
 I refreshed the mirror lists
 I updated the software databases
 Eventually at the 10th tentative some mostly browser related updates showed. Applied them. No more updates
 Eventually I rebooted the system and hey!.. The usual huge batch came!.. Happily applied them!.. Reboot!..

2. After log in the system started at “recovery mode” with a strongly reduced screen brightness!.. Oh, my God!.. Cinnamon asked me if I’d like to open it or not
 Said Yes
 Another reboot
 And well
 All was well again back to normal!..

Have a nice day!..

I’ve got it as well, but it wasn’t reversed (stable branch) :grin:
But when updating the system, I get the warnings: “pamac-xxx: Local version (10.1.2-0.1) is newer than extra (10.0.6-2)”
BTW, I like the new design :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for Manjaro. It is f***ing brilliant :+1:

Hi.
manjaro ornara is very good.
but gnome version in very bad experience.
Please user libreoffice in gnome version pr do not have any office.

arg I tought the Kernel 5.10.36-2 was compiled with that, but it is 5.10.37-2 Oops
 :smiley:

Thanks, that seems to have resolved it. I was on the the right track, just gave up too quickly when confronted with a seeming endless chain of dependencies.

I downloaded those, selected them all in Nemo, updated them with “Software Installer” from the right-click context menu, and rebooted. Then, I checked my process list in ksysguard to make sure pulseeffects was running with my equalizer preset, tested some YouTube videos, tested recording myself and playing it back in Audacity, and tested speaker and mic input levels in Zoom, and everything seems to be working well so far. Thanks, Phil!

That all being said, since the issue happened after going idle for a while and coming back usually, I’ll continue monitoring for issues. I expect that they’re fixed though, considering my experience with the -git packages yesterday and today, and the 0.3.28 release notes. If you don’t hear back from me about an issue, it’s most likely fixed. I work from home with multiple Zoom meetings per day, so audio issues will be found soon if they exist in this 0.3.28 release.

Thx, keep me updated and if all is fine we push them to the repos. I simply can’t push things without testing them first. @Buju

2 Likes

What’s the easiest way to prevent installation of the new Nvidia driver when doing a system update? Or is better to just wait until a fix?

1 Like

Hi, thx for this new stable update. RTX 2070 S here (DP used) + kernel 5.12. Updated in tty, no issue with the 460.80 driver.