[Stable Update] 2021-04-09 - Kernels, Systemd, Gnome 40 Apps, Mesa 21.0.1, Kernels, Browsers

Thanks, I also have the same issue. I thought my CPU hung up at first.

How did you do that?

Thanks for the update!

The hard reset part you mean?
Just hold down the power button for 5 seconds :sweat_smile:

Ideally, the application itself should validate its own configuration and migrate old version configuration to new version configuration at its own without user intervention.

An user would not need to understand the changes when both versions only have default values or values generated by the application.

:laughing: That’s what I did last time!

Don’t do that! Look here:

1 Like

Ok. So, if the problem come from GVFS, can I downgrade GVFS from 1.48.0 to 1.46.2-1 in Manjaro Gnome ?

Is GVFS 1.46.2-1 version compatible with Nautilus 40 ?

I want to use admin backend under Nautilus as before. I don’t want to wait a long time until it is fixed.

Regards.

This is good advice, but this time:

• 4 x REISUB did work :grinning:
  • 3 x the PC did power down on its own while i was absent :exploding_head:
  • 2 x REISUB did not work. Only the Reset-Button worked :thinking:
    Thanks to btrfs i did not loose any data

That may be true for applications, but can’t be for core components.

Linux isn’t that one-configuration-fits-all thingy and a change in the configuration may have impact on other components (some not even related ones at first glance, especially in optional dependencies). Just see how many dependencies certain packages have. A Linux-system allows you to break it at a gazillion points… And something that seems to be obvious to you might make somebody else scream, because they have a different approach to or use for their Linux.

Of course one could argue if “that one parameter” really needed the manual intervention by a user, but then you are starting a series of arguments about when a modified or new argument is too important to have it updated/modified/applied automatically. Good for you if you can simply transfer the changes and all is fine.

We had more straight forward upgrade scenarios already that still had to be done manually, e.g. one that basically required the user to disable and enable renamed services in the cups-area, which was necessary no matter how cups was configured or how the users used it. So literally everybody who used cups had to do this.

And again: if you want to be a user with a working Linux-installation, you have to get used to this approach and learn what the configuration does, at least broadly.

Yes, but you’ll have to downgrade all the GVFS packages you have installed all at the same time.

Warning: Downgrading packages will almost always leave you in an unsupported partial upgrade state.

Yes.

Seeing this before could have saved me 2 hours. I can confirm upgrading the package pipewire breaks the audio. I can also confirm that sudo pacdiff solves the problem. Thank you!

1 Like

Reverted back to the previous stable release, due an issue with wither the latest Optimus-manager/or bbswitch not being able to switch GPU’s and hanging GDDM on login.
Found no reports of other folk reporting such issue with Optimus-manager on the newest stable.

GTX860M works fine though with only the (460xx) nvidia-prime drivers installed, so those are a no-factor. Also Optimus-manager does “sort of” switch, but only on rebooting after having set a startup mode to integrated, hybrid or nvidia.

Atm I cannot debug it, as I needed a working system with working switchable graphics. I’ll retry in a few days and make a dedicated topic.

For me work to pres CTRL+ESC all the time, curios if work for others

I have not problems with optimus-manager,check your journal logs to see what is happening with optimus manager

journalctl -u optimus-manager.service

you have to use pipewire pacnew conf files, I wrote about that in testing…

1 Like

Bit of an issue here:

looking for conflicting packages...
    :: dbus-python and python2-dbus are in conflict. Remove python2-dbus? [y/N] y
    error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: removing python2-twisted breaks dependency 'python2-twisted' required by python2-incremental

Nothing gets updated :confused:

Able to upgrade kernel from 5.9.16-1 to 5.10.26-1 no problem

Try pamac upgrade. Pamac is able to deal automatically with conflicts.

Blockquote
scanimage -L
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)>Blockquote
Since last update I can’t scan. I get the error information as you may see. I don’t understand what this means and ask friendly someone to translate this in understandable language. I publish this problem on https://forum.manjaro.org/, https://de.manjaro.org/ and http://www.manjaro-forum.de/

Hi guys,

I think it was a bad idea to update some applications from Gnome 3.38 to Gnome 40 in the stable branch. Let me explain. As usual, I make new updates when they are available in the stable branch. So far, I haven’t encountered any issues. But since these last updates, it is the disaster. First, I can’t longer use the admin backend under nautilus. Then, I get freezes sometimes when I try to launch some applications (the terminal, gnome-disk-utility, …) via the taskbar (I use the dash to panel extension). I am wondering if mixing the Gnome 3.38 components/applications with the new software versions offered by you for Gnome 40 would be the cause of my problems. That’s why I have decided not to make any more updates for the elements which concern Gnome (applications, …). I stay entirely under Gnome 3.38 until Gnome 40 is fully stable, and the update to Gnome 40 is complete. So, I will reinstall the Manjaro 21.0 Gnome version and will not update the new Gnome Apps to 40.

Regards.

3 Likes