[Stable Update] 2021-03-08- Kernels, Plasma 5.21.2, Haskell, Kodi, Grub, KDE-Dev

Update without problems :slight_smile:

Everything went fine on my XFCE system but the Flameshot tray icon turned to a blue exclamation dot while remmina’s tray icon disappeared. It’s still there on the left of the volume icon but doesn’t show up (though I can right-click on it and access remmina’s options).

Was Firefox 86.0.1 update pushed to Stable? Today I received this update along with Chromium and Manjaro mirrors update, but I don’t see any notification about it in the forum.

I’m on KDE stable, btw.

Yes. They were built after the announcement.

Consider yourself notified. :wink:

Cool. Thank you.

Hi everyone, I’m having trouble loading the Add/Remove Software. The application simply don’t load. Does anybody have the same issue?

Open a terminal and write “pamac-manager” press enter and see what’s happening.

One issue I have been having since the last update is my system freezing on resume.

RX5700 Open source drivers. Tested with 5.9.16 and 5.10.19 and a custom built 5.11.6 kernel.

I have had these issues in the past and I am pretty sure they are software issues and not with the card. Not sure if mesa or something else?

:thinking:. I have the RX 5700 XT and no system freezes Kernel 5.10.19 and 5.11.2

I think there were some problems with snap store which affect the pamac-manager.

mutluere → I don`t have pamac-snap-plugin installed, maybe if you uninstall it?

1 Like

Yeah, that was the reason for being stuck in the loading screen.

1 Like

I made this update and one of the 28th February together.

A small problem: my keyboard configurations have changed. The modifications that I have previously manually made in /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml and /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.lst disappeared with one of these two updates.

I would like to know which through which packages (probably one containing X11 or xorg) these files have been updated (checking the packages changes from the last update and from the present one was not successful on my side).

It would be nice to tell me if somebody knows. Thanks!

Gnome, 5.4 LTS

After this update my bluetooth earbuds don’t automatically connect anymore, and the play/pause function no longer works. I haven’t found any package so far that could cause any problem. Just manually reconnecting them for now. If I find the cause, I will post.

Well tbf, it’s for security reasons. if it was opt-in. pretty much nobody would do it

1 Like
$ pacman -Qo /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.lst
/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml is owned by xkeyboard-config 2.32-1
/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.lst is owned by xkeyboard-config 2.32-1
1 Like

Thanks a lot @freggel.doe . I did not know this command! Thanks again!

1 Like

It works for me BUT it just sees “analog stereo” or “analog duplex” (both function the same) yet the audio is actually a USB DAC. It saw the dac before, but not anymore.
Still sounds the same though…

It’s always an option for any user to downgrade any package on their system, providing they haven’t deleted the old packages from /var/cache/pacman.