[Stable Update] 2021-02-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.21.1, Frameworks 5.79, Firefox, Thunderbird, Python

The Manjaro team just takes whatever from the KDE devs, so better file a bug upstream

If you don’t know what “upstream” actually means, please read this:

:wink:

1 Like

So upgrade to 5.4 LTS (Long Time Support) or 5.10 LTS (whichever works)

:+1:

1 Like

Execute:

echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

if it gives x11, take option 2 ( glfw-x11)

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hi guys,
good work @philm thank you,
can eny one tell me where can I find the latest ISO that uptodate? because all I found is an old one (210203),
thanks

This update broke screen casting in gnome wayland.
I downgraded pipewire (1:0.3.22-1 → 1:0.3.21-1) and got working.

1 Like

Hi,
with this update, this bug is still present:

This solution doesn’t work:

Can someone help me? I think I have to downgrade something, but I don’t know what exactly. @philm Is there a specific package related to the opening of externals links in GTK?

I noticed that the new KDE system monitor hasn’t been added to my installation, while the old KSysGuard has been kept :thinking:

To use the new system monitor I added (installed) it from pamac because it is a different application compared to ksysguard at the moment.

package name: plasma-systemmonitor

I don’t know why KDE devs maintain both…

1 Like

Oh yes, I find it too!
I’d like to remove ksysguard but I find out that it’s needed by plasma-desktop… and plasma-systemmonitor too!

$ pactree -r ksysguard
ksysguard
├─plasma-desktop
└─plasma-systemmonitor

@Killi yes 1.6.6 is the version where the Icon is not broken

1 Like

Update to pipewire resulted in broken config files and no audio. Deleted /etc/pipewire and reinstalled pipewire and pipewire-pulse, all is back to normal.

1 Like

To use pulseeffects 5.0, install manjaro-pipewire, and gst-plugin-pipewire. This will replace pulseaudio with pipewire, my experience in the changeover was fairly painless.

Pulseeffects appears to be missing the correct dependencies, and should probably be renamed to pipewire-effects :wink:

1 Like

As a regular end user, do we need to take some sort of action, or are these more informative?

I did notice this thread, Pacman -Syu is trying to install refind over refind-efi - #4 by ben81, and the answer was a package was removed.

Is there a list that can be viewed of what was added and removed?

Thanks @Fabby !

Update: I uninstalled plasma-desktop by not paying attention.

All seemingly went well at first on my KDE system, but after a second reboot (upgrading to kernel 511), the desktop is just a blank black screen. Everything works (krunning, Yakuake, keyboard shortcuts, bluetooth, etc.) but there is no wallpaper nor does my panel load.

I hopped back over to kernel 510 but the problem persists. Logs are full of kwin and other plasma/kde warnings and errors. I found and followed this Arch forum post that addresses the kwin keymap logs, but it did not help my overall situation.

Journalctl info (journalctl -b -p warning): journalctl - Pastebin.com

we have the list in the update announcement

This list comes from boxit but not easy to read

Otherwise, before update, we have branch-compare:
if a package is tag “n/a” in testing or unstable: it will be removed in stable (exists a filter on this page)

for me, i have only flatix-theme flatix-theme-dark ht irccat lrcalc1 refind-theme-maia removed …

1 Like

In KDE, the wallpaper disappeared and I can’t right-click on the desktop to restore it. The menu doesn’t appear when right-clicking.

Thank you.

If a user has VerbosePkgLists enabled in /etc/pacman-conf I wonder if that would contain similar info as boxit. With that option set, along with the package name, Old Version, New Version and Net Change are listed. It seems to list the added (Old Version empty), but nothing for the removed. I suppose the user finds out by getting a pacman dependency error, and then asking in the forum. I haven’t used a rolling release long enough to know if this happens often and how to address it efficiently.

Did you reboot after the update?

1 Like

I had a similar issue, and for me the issue was I forgot that I had installed kwin-lowlatency. I had meant to uninstall that before I went to 5.21, but hadn’t. So I simply installed kwin, rebooted and I had my desktop again. So hopefully you have the same problem.