[Stable Update] 2021-02-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.21.1, Frameworks 5.79, Firefox, Thunderbird, Python

Everything is working like a charm.

Two questions:

1. how do you ignore those packages and install the rest? Never mind, read the man page, found the --ignore switch :slight_smile:
  2. any way to figure out how mesa-git got installed? I only ever do stable updates, so I guess some other package must have installed it.
  3. bonus question: should I uninstall mesa-git and install mesa?

[edit: just checked, mesa-git got installed from the official repos, not through the AUR]

Firefox 86.0-0.1 and 86.0-1 fail to start but Firefox 85 works fine. Xfce on 5.10 and 5.04. Get this output followed by the Mozilla crash reporter:

ExceptionHandler::GenerateDump cloned child 1967
ExceptionHandler::SendContinueSignalToChild sent continue signal to child
ExceptionHandler::WaitForContinueSignal waiting for continue signal…

cinnamon, 5.4rt, allis well great job as usual, Thank You!

I can’t reproduce it, but there is an open Arch bug report: FS#69821 : [firefox-86.0-1] Crashes on start

EDIT: Fixed with 86.0-2 and pushed to all branches.

2 Likes

The Manjaro team just takes whatever from the KDE devs, so better file a bug upstream

If you don’t know what “upstream” actually means, please read this:

:wink:

1 Like

So upgrade to 5.4 LTS (Long Time Support) or 5.10 LTS (whichever works)

:+1:

1 Like

Execute:

echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

if it gives x11, take option 2 ( glfw-x11)

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hi guys,
good work @philm thank you,
can eny one tell me where can I find the latest ISO that uptodate? because all I found is an old one (210203),
thanks

This update broke screen casting in gnome wayland.
I downgraded pipewire (1:0.3.22-1 → 1:0.3.21-1) and got working.

1 Like

Hi,
with this update, this bug is still present:

This solution doesn’t work:

Can someone help me? I think I have to downgrade something, but I don’t know what exactly. @philm Is there a specific package related to the opening of externals links in GTK?

I noticed that the new KDE system monitor hasn’t been added to my installation, while the old KSysGuard has been kept :thinking:

To use the new system monitor I added (installed) it from pamac because it is a different application compared to ksysguard at the moment.

package name: plasma-systemmonitor

I don’t know why KDE devs maintain both…

1 Like

Oh yes, I find it too!
I’d like to remove ksysguard but I find out that it’s needed by plasma-desktop… and plasma-systemmonitor too!

$ pactree -r ksysguard
ksysguard
├─plasma-desktop
└─plasma-systemmonitor

@Killi yes 1.6.6 is the version where the Icon is not broken

1 Like

Update to pipewire resulted in broken config files and no audio. Deleted /etc/pipewire and reinstalled pipewire and pipewire-pulse, all is back to normal.

1 Like

To use pulseeffects 5.0, install manjaro-pipewire, and gst-plugin-pipewire. This will replace pulseaudio with pipewire, my experience in the changeover was fairly painless.

Pulseeffects appears to be missing the correct dependencies, and should probably be renamed to pipewire-effects :wink:

1 Like

As a regular end user, do we need to take some sort of action, or are these more informative?

I did notice this thread, Pacman -Syu is trying to install refind over refind-efi - #4 by ben81, and the answer was a package was removed.

Is there a list that can be viewed of what was added and removed?

Thanks @Fabby !

Update: I uninstalled plasma-desktop by not paying attention.

All seemingly went well at first on my KDE system, but after a second reboot (upgrading to kernel 511), the desktop is just a blank black screen. Everything works (krunning, Yakuake, keyboard shortcuts, bluetooth, etc.) but there is no wallpaper nor does my panel load.

I hopped back over to kernel 510 but the problem persists. Logs are full of kwin and other plasma/kde warnings and errors. I found and followed this Arch forum post that addresses the kwin keymap logs, but it did not help my overall situation.

Journalctl info (journalctl -b -p warning): journalctl - Pastebin.com