[Stable Update] 2021-01-19 - Kernels, XFCE, Plasma, PulseAudio, Pipewire, Mesa, Firefox, Thunderbird, KDE Apps

The german xfce settings management comes along now with claustrophobia … :smile:
Should be: “Standardanwendungen” and “Einstellungsbearbeitung”Einstellungsverwaltung

Everything went pretty fine comparing to the last one update :wink: What’s important to me, font rendering improved a lot. My Manjaro finally looks as well as it looked last year. Thanks!

I didn’t updated yet (I’m doing some works and I wont risk to encounter the various issues reported about Xfce 4.16; I will performs the update in the next days), but i’d like to ask/suggest: what about deleting (obviously before do a backup) ~/.config/xfce4/panel/whiskermenu-4.rc ? Maybe this config file need to be recrate from sratch.

Rebooted - cheese was still keeping the webcam on despite force quitting the UI.
Experimented with:

v4l2-ctl --list-devices                                                                                              ─╯
UVC Camera (046d:09a6) (usb-0000:0b:00.3-2):
    /dev/video0
    /dev/video1

and

qv4l2 --device=/dev/video0

Was able to capture video with that.

But starting cheese I once again get pipewire errors, starting with

pipewire: params Spa:Enum:ParamId:EnumFormat: 0:0 Invalid argument (input format (no more input formats))

And ending with:

pipewire-media-session: can't link 34:35 -> 38:39: no more input formats
pipewire-media-session: error id:43 seq:169 res:-22 (Invalid argument): no more input formats

Seems like these updates definitely broke something in the video streaming stack.

edit: neither reverting to kernel 5.4 or tryin 5.11 made any difference.
Seems like pipewire is the problem?

I’m driving KDE stable & LTS 5.4 kernel on an Intel i7
I always update with TTY & reboot sometimes twice mostly on big updates
with most updates I’m amazed at the size of the update package
really impressed at the smoothness of the update process

To all the Manjaro team members you do beautiful work

Have a 'Best you can 2021 year ’

:sparkling_heart: THANK YOU :clap:

A post was split to a new topic: Stuck on vendor logo after update

A post was split to a new topic: [user will edit topic title]

I have two identical hard drives on the same computer with Manjaro KDE 5.20.5, and 5.4.89 LTS kernel. After this big update, It takes almost 30 seconds for the pamac to launch when I click on it, but it launches right away on the first hard drive on the same computer! I also rebooted with kernel 4.19, but makes no difference. Any thoughts?

Kernel: 5.4.89-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.5 Distro: Manjaro Linux
CPU:
Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-4790K bits: 64
Graphics:
Device-1: AMD Caicos PRO [Radeon HD 7450]

Maybe the hdd has bad blocks, check with:

smartctl -a /dev/sdx

You should also run a smrt long test:

smartctl --test=long /dev/sdx

cinnamon 5.4rt, all good, thanks!

No, I have SSD on both, and it checks okay. Something else causing the delay, but I have no clue what’s causing it! :thinking:

Smooth update from tty as always . No problems on KDE with Nvidia and 5.4 .

1. How the system utility can start from different drives? Do you have 2 Manjaro Linux copies on the same machine but installed into different drives?

2. Did you grab and compare a logs of the journalctl -xb output during fast and long utility startup? Are they exactly the same?
    Also you can execute “live” version before to start a utility: journalctl -xf

3. Try to execute your GUI utility in terminal to see it’s TUI (terminal UI) output. Compare logs.

all went fine for me on the reboot for kde. Only thing I noticed was that the manjaro boot menu doesn’t show anymore.

Have a problem with suspend. After suspend notebook immediately wakes up. Then try suspend again and again wakes up. This messages i can see:

[ 1576.610062] ieee80211 phy0: brcmf_inetaddr_changed: fail to get arp ip table err:-52
[ 1586.095105] brcmfmac 0000:02:00.0: brcmf_pcie_pm_enter_D3: Timeout on response for entering D3 substate
[ 1586.095148] PM: pci_pm_suspend(): brcmf_pcie_pm_enter_D3+0x0/0x180 [brcmfmac] returns -5
[ 1586.095164] PM: dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x160 returns -5
[ 1586.095172] PM: Device 0000:02:00.0 failed to suspend async: error -5
[ 1586.095400] PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
[ 1593.348248] brcmfmac 0000:02:00.0: brcmf_pcie_pm_enter_D3: Timeout on response for entering D3 substate
[ 1593.348298] PM: pci_pm_suspend(): brcmf_pcie_pm_enter_D3+0x0/0x180 [brcmfmac] returns -5
[ 1593.348304] PM: dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x160 returns -5
[ 1593.348310] PM: Device 0000:02:00.0 failed to suspend async: error -5
[ 1593.348457] PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected

There is a hissing sound in the headset after updating to the latest manjaro version,I don’t know why.

Everything works fine, except it borked Far Cry 5. Other distros say to avoid nvidia’s 460 drivers. How do I use 455 again?

Everything went perfectly fine in both KDE and XFCE machines and one KDE VM. Thanks Manjaro team! :pray:

I updated the system while playing a game and nothing even disturbed me. Nice job you’ve done here!

That was a flawless update for me. :smile:
Thanks Manjaro Team! Kudos !! :+1: