[Stable Update] 2021-01-19 - Kernels, XFCE, Plasma, PulseAudio, Pipewire, Mesa, Firefox, Thunderbird, KDE Apps

A small bug with the update of XFCE from 4.14 to 4.16.

The power settings icon on the taskbar did not update correctly.

A post was split to a new topic: Freefilesync: Cannot fulfill dependencies

People with issues with power-Icon in XFCE, may call upower -d and add their findings to the following bug:

2 Likes

It’s cool.
linux510 5.10.7 with Nvidia 460xx.
I’m Gnome user.

Thanks to Manjaro Team.

What about the XFCE Theming? I think it wasn’t done in some areas.

A post was split to a new topic: Tclx dependency issue

No Problems with this huge update (1,9GB). All works fine :grinning:

Thanks to the manjaro-team

regards
caho

Running into trouble with Minecraft. Launcher works fine then when I hit play I get a popup with this

GLFW error 65543: GLX: Failed to create context: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation).

Please make sure you have up-to-date drivers (see aka.ms/mcdriver for instructions).

Restarted my system and everything works fine.

EDIT: No longer works fine again. Downgraded to an earlier release.

Updated without problems, KDE and Kernel 5.4.

Thanks Manjaro Team

I have removed nvidia 440 and used nvidia 390, and all works.
Close this thread.

I have written a comment on Gitlab.
Link is above.

I’m on Manjaro Xfce since almost a year. I’m amazed at how polished stable-updates are. Congratulations and thanks for the whole team!

Just an off-topic comment… Xfwm4 is growing on RAM consumption with every new release. On my setup (3 extended monitors) it tooks 100MiB from 4.12 to 4.14 and now it’s taking almost 80MiB on 4.16 :unamused:

1 Like

On my laptop I’m unable to get a WiFi connection with this version of NetworkManager. It says it is connected, but the yellow exclamation mark remains and I can’t access the web. Downgrading NM restores functionality. On my Desktop I didn’t have any problem. I’ll open a new topic.

1 Like

On a Thinkpad T60 64-bit, Intel 945 GM Graphics:

Update went OK with pacman -Syu in Konsole and local Mirror in Austria, with one hickup:
“unspecified error” on commit.
Restarting pacman, it downloaded 3 additional packages, an off we go.

But!
After shutdown and reboot,
KDE system is considerably slower than before, mouse is jumpy, login screen does only appear with 5 seconds delay and is very laggy. This was faster and more responsive in the previous release.
Seems to be kind of a regression.
Firefox seems also to be running perceptibly slower, e.g. with Twitch.

/LoPhi

For the Records:

uname -a
Linux T60pi 5.4.89-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 12 23:39:44 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.89-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Intel® Core™2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz
Memory: 1,9 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® 945GM

every update I logout of my gnome sessions, goto a TTY terminal
refresh my mirrors with the closest mirrors:

sudo pacman-mirrors --geoip

Then use

sudo pacman -Syyu

That has given me clean no problem updates for over a year now (of course I reboot after the update as well).

6 Likes

What’s wrong with using sudo pacman -Syu?

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with it per say, the second “y” “forces a full refresh of the package database” vs the one y just refreshes the database. I don’t notice any perceptible time difference between the two so I have just always forced the full refresh vs. just “refreshing the database.” I know in the past I’ve seen where for whatever reason -Syu fails and a -Syyu is required to make it work correctly so I’ve just always done the -Syyu as a habit since it doesn’t take any longer.

3 Likes

Hi, so update went though and now have issues with you tube videos playing and video playback in dragon player, VLC will playback video but audio is missing

Mesa updated but I still get the error Failed to start Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:amdgpu_bl0 :frowning:
Why can’t this problem be solved eventually ?

First of all: Thank you for Manjaro!
Updated on XFCE via pamac.
Nextcloud version 3.1.1git does not respect the setting “Use Monochrome Icons” anymore, this results in a green indicator in status tray.

Edit: Xfce Terminal and Thunar File Manager got removed from Whisker Menu favorites, the other 15 entries remained untouched.