[Stable Update] 2020-12-03 - Xorg-Server, Plasma 5.20.4, Cinnamon 4.8.0, Deepin, KDE-git

Not from the AUR, no.

It looks solid and even launch with flatpak plugin installed. I’ll test it more deeply tomorrow.

Updated Pamac back to 10 today. AUR works, along with Manjaro Hello, but unfortunately flatpak still doesn’t (and I can’t even uninstall flatpak applications, still getting “Nothing to do” messages).

For devs, I posted this here:

All good now. Thank you!

Enabled downgrade and refreshed databases, but doesn’t work. Any hints?

Do not use pamac to downgrade itself. It does not work.

Use this:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-common-9.5.12-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-cli-9.5.12-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-gtk-9.5.12-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Search in /etc/pacman.conf for the commented out IgnorePkg. Uncomment it and add pamac-gtk pamac-common pamac-cli like this:

IgnorePkg   = pamac-gtk pamac-common pamac-cli

Somehow pamac-gtk 9.5 still keep showing updates for pamac-cli, pamac-common & pamac-gtk. The “Ignore all”-button does not work. It’s a weird interpretation of pacman.conf’s IgnorePkg TBH.

Question: Is it safe to keep pacman setting ‘Enable downgrade’ in force after this or should I disable it ?? Does this setting downgrade something else besides (or in addition to) pacman ?

It is undesirable when when you upgraded a package from the AUR which bears the same name as the one from the repositories, and the version at manjaro’s repos is still outdated. At least I experienced pamac wants to downgrade them while it obviously shouldn’t.

If you don’t use the AUR at all. I think it won’t hurt that much.

Thx, as for now Pamac 10 works fine for me, i stay with it.

Will there be updates here in the near future? Last update was about 1 month ago!

@Rinaldus

:point_up:

1 Like

Getting regular updates here, just had one for Pamac actually. Things are probably just a little slowed down during Christmas with people rightly taking some time out.

2 Likes