[Stable Update] 2020-12-03 - Xorg-Server, Plasma 5.20.4, Cinnamon 4.8.0, Deepin, KDE-git

flatpak search/updates not working in pacman.
manjaro kde
kernel 5.9.11-3

Seems that this problem recurs on a daily basis. The fix works, but not for long.
Running Kernel 5.8.18-1 on an XFCE desktop

I think this kernel is outdated. Maybe switch first to 5.9 or to a LTS.

Will give that a try. Thanks

Tried 5.9, same problem after a new login.

$ pamac-manager

** Message: 09:29:38.689: flatpak_plugin.vala:125: last flathub appstream refresh is older than 6
** Message: 09:29:38.689: flatpak_plugin.vala:126: refreshing flathub appstream data

(pamac-manager:48333): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:29:38.936: g_application_run: assertion ‘acquired_context’ failed

A post was split to a new topic: Pkgfile-update.service failed

GDM is crashing at boot with white screen “OOPS can not recover”, I am with Nvidia card. I have edited /etc/gdm/custom.conf and have uncommented WaylandEnable=false. I hope this will not persist.

Hey people,
just noticed a broken behaviour in “Avahi services”. While using the discovery and clicking something in the interface I get:

Service data for service ‘KY503F63XF’ of type ‘_ipp._tcp’ in domain ‘local’ on 2.0:
Host kyoceralh.local (192.168.111.111), port 631, TXT data: [‘usb_MDL=Printer’, ‘usb_MFG=Kyocera Printer’, ‘adminurl=http://kyoceralh.local.’, ‘pdl=application/postscript’, ‘product=(Printer)’, 'ty=Kyocera Printer, ‘priority=50’, ‘qtotal=1’, ‘rp=ipp/lp’, ‘txtvers=1’]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/dbus/connection.py”, line 606, in msg_reply_handler
reply_handler(*message.get_args_list(**get_args_opts))
File “/usr/bin/avahi-discover”, line 114, in service_resolved
self.update_label(interface, protocol, name, stype, domain, host, aprotocol, address, port, avahi.txt_array_to_string_array(txt))
File “/usr/bin/avahi-discover”, line 242, in update_label
txts = txts.decode(“utf-8”)
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘decode’

Can it be that this package needs a rebuild, since it is still on python 3.8?

on stable python is still 3.8.6

The new Python update in Testing update.

Only do if you really need it. And don’t do to you main system.

testing is testing and stable is stable don’t mix topics

Hey,

you are right! Manjaro stable is still on 3.8.6. So I looked into that again and found an issue on GitHub from march this year. It was introduced with the conversion from Python 2 to 3. Also it seems be an easy fix:
–> https://github.com/smcv/avahi/commit/bcafdcc5465091b6088532460b671f411703f90b

Guess that isn’t applied into the manjaro packages yet.

Isn’t that discovery service a dependency for quiet some other services and daemons? Strange, that nobody noticed till now.

Avahi is for discovery of Apple devices, and not all users have such thing. My services are stoped.

nah… Avahi is pretty powerful and can be very useful for a large range of service discovery.

Everything fine except that Pamac dont work

pamac-manager

** Message: 14:32:34.520: flatpak_plugin.vala:125: last flathub appstream refresh is older than 8
** Message: 14:32:34.521: flatpak_plugin.vala:126: refreshing flathub appstream data

(process:2486): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 14:32:35.545: /etc/xdg/kde-mimeapps.list contains a [Added Associations] group, but it is not permitted here. Only the non-desktop-specific mimeapps.list file may add or remove associations.

(pamac-manager:2486): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 14:32:35.549: g_application_run: assertion ‘acquired_context’ failed

1 Like

It work again, i just disablet flatpak

sudo sed -i -e /EnableFlatpak/d /etc/pamac.conf

It occurred here and I decided to disable the plugin for flatpak.
Problem solved and pamac works.

Changing the rendering backend from OpenGL 2.0 to OpenGL 3.1 seems to solve the issue. For other settings, scale method is set to accurate and Tearing prevention (vsync) is set to Automatic.

Manjaro hello is not working because require Pamac 9 but today there was update to Pamac 10 in stable

Same issue as above, Manjaro Hello will not open. Also, Flatpaks will not install using Pamac 10. It simply says “Nothing to do” when I click “Apply”.