[Stable Update] 2020-11-18 - Kernels, Plasma5, Frameworks, Thunderbird, Firefox, Mesa

I made the update on three computers:

1. 1 * KDE: update went fine
  2. 2 * XFCE: update went fine

Thanks!

1 Like

corectrl: error while loading shared libraries: libbotan-2.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Seems like there is a rebuild of corectl needed. @nightmare-2021 will check that and might provide the needed fix.

got this message in pacman log

`OpenVPN now uses a netlink interface for network configuration. The systemd
[2020-11-18T11:39:18+0100] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]    units start the process with a dedicated unprivileged user 'openvpn', with
[2020-11-18T11:39:18+0100] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]    extra capabilities(7). The configuration should no longer drop privileges,
[2020-11-18T11:39:18+0100] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]    so remove 'user' and 'group' directives.
[2020-11-18T11:39:18+0100] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET]    Scripts that require elevated privileges may need a workaround.`

user-manager has been worked into plasma-desktop, so it’s no longer present in the repo. user-manager-git would be suggested, because it “provides” user-manager.

To clarify. You don’t need User Manager. It’s provided by the main Plasma packages now.

KDE 5.20, NVIDIA 455.x, Kernel 5.4 here - the upgrade causes me to be stuck on boot due to a regression in the sddm display manager. Appears to be a race condition, the NVMe drive might be too fast!

Downgrading to sddm 0.18.1 lets me boot to the graphical desktop.

Edit: Fixed with sddm 0.19.0-2.2 - auto login had something to do with it

4 Likes

Try if sddm-0.19.0-2.1 fixes your issue.

Check if corectrl 1.1.1-4 fixes the issue for you.

Im unable to find this version only 1.1.1-3 from official repo the latest. I was able to rebuild it from aur 1.1.1-2 and that fixed it

Hi !
Thank you for all this work !

I have several notice or issues :

OpenVPN now uses a netlink interface for network configuration. The systemd
units start the process with a dedicated unprivileged user ‘openvpn’, with
extra capabilities(7). The configuration should no longer drop privileges,
so remove ‘user’ and ‘group’ directives.
Scripts that require elevated privileges may need a workaround.

My VPN seems to still be ok.

avertissement : /etc/default/grub installé sous le nom /etc/default/grub.pacnew

pacnew is just a standard stuff not taking into account my specifics.

TB 78 : not a Manjaro update issue, but a TB issue : look is horrible.

Thanks, I tried sddm-0.19.0-2.1 from the testing branch but unfortunately it’s still the same issue.

With previous update, yay -Sc became slow but this update has fixed that issue for me! Maybe it had something to do with the yay package itself

Stuck to black screen too.
Update of sddm doesn’t change the situation.

2 Likes

If I understood that correctly it implies that user-manager-git is an obsolete package as well and should probably be removed.

There is three orphan. guile , lib32-attr and startup-notification. Can I uninstall them?

Is the DP-alt mode fixed for the Pinebook Pro? I don’t see it anymore in the list of older issues

In Kernel series 5.9x I cannot mount loop iso by gnome-disk utility.

Just upgraded on Manjaro KDE and my Flatpak icons disappeared. They are still installed but not available in Plasma desktop. When launching flatpak from command line I get the message:

Note that the directories  

'/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share'
'/home/markus/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share'

are not in the search path set by the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable, so
applications installed by Flatpak may not appear on your desktop until the
session is restarted.

The very same issue is described by @squidink7 here.

this update is not for arm

https://forum.manjaro.org/c/arm/stable-updates/79

1 Like

the redrawing problem still exists, when mesa version is 20.2.2-2

1 Like