[Stable Update] 2020-09-11 - Kernels, Gnome 3.36.6, MHWD, Pamac, VirtualBox

Hi,

Can’t update because linux58-ndiswrapper doesn’t exist… what must i do ?

Thanks

1 Like

A small blockage during the update and installation of packages. I had errors like:

https://mirrors.shuosc.org/manjaro/stable/core/x86_64/core.db: Error resolving “mirrors.shuosc.org”: Name or service unknown http: / /pet.inf.ufsc.br/mirrors/manjarolinux/stable/core/x86_64/core.db: Unable to connect: I / O timed out on the connector https://mirrors.shu.edu.cn/manjaro/ stable / core / x86_64 / core.db: Unable to connect: Connection refused https://repo.rhindon.net/manjaro/stable/core/x86_64/core.db: Error resolving “repo.rhindon.net” : Name or service unknown

But I was able to solve them by changing the mirrors of the official repositories from “whole world” to “France”.

1 Like

I can’t boot due to mysterious issues with LightDM

Posted more details in this issue.

Hi @kraNG,

I seem to have the same problem.
Could you please explain a noob how to do this from tty2? (I mean, removing the drivers)

Thank you so much, I was just about to reinstall all the system from scratch…

After noticing last night that I couldn’t use Vulcan with the 440xx driver I was able to use the GUI tool to switch it out for the 450xx driver and when I rebooted it worked probably because I had already uninstalled cuda.

Edit:
The above refers to the pervious stable update. I’m not sure I ever actually got this one. I remeber getting a small update of 27 packages. Maybe that was it? All went fine so I’ll mark that :slight_smile:
Even updated my mirror list and ran -Syyu but got nothing else.

I have the same problem: linux58-ndiswrapper is a required dependency of linux-latest-ndiswrapper, but linux58-ndiswrapper does not exist. Even upgrading the kernel from Linux 5.7.19 to Linux 5.8.6 does not help, because the upgrade does not supply linux58-ndiswrapper, and it’s not in the repos. I have linux57-ndiswrapper on my computer, but not linux58-ndiswrapper.

This problem was already noted here:

However, a solution to the problem was not provided.

System hangs while cups-browsed.service is stopping :

[LTC-10AU-E73 ~]# systemctl stop cups-browsed
[LTC-10AU-E73 ~]# systemctl status cups-browsed
● cups-browsed.service - Make remote CUPS printers available locally
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/cups-browsed.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Sat 2020-09-12 18:44:22 CEST; 14s ago
Process: 4522 ExecStart=/usr/bin/cups-browsed (code=killed, signal=KILL)
Main PID: 4522 (code=killed, signal=KILL)

Sep 12 18:41:35 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: Started Make remote CUPS printers available locally.
Sep 12 18:42:52 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: Stopping Make remote CUPS printers available locally…
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: State ‘stop-sigterm’ timed out. Killing.
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: Killing process 4522 (cups-browsed) with signal SIGKILL.
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: Killing process 4523 (gmain) with signal SIGKILL.
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: Killing process 4524 (gdbus) with signal SIGKILL.
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=9/KILL
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: Failed with result ‘timeout’.
Sep 12 18:44:22 LTC-10AU-E73 systemd[1]: Stopped Make remote CUPS printers available locally.

No problem at all on two machines. Thanks to the team.

[kde - stable]

Hi, Just one frustrating problem:

I have many executable python scripts which i usually launch by double-click and choosing execute. On a clean install from iso (manjaro-kde-20.0.3-200606-linux56.iso), this works perfectly.

I did a complete re-install yesterday an did a ‘pacman -Syyu’. Now whenever I click ‘execute’ it opens the script in kate (the open behaviour). I have confirmed this by creating/testing/updating/testing in a vm.

If I right click the script an choose ‘execute in Konsole’ The scripts do execute (- without errors).

I have checked the file associations before and after the update I cannot see any changes.

I know the iso is getting a little bit old - I cannot confirm which of the updates I have installed in the past few weeks broke this. It may not be this one.

Other than that, this distro is brilliant - Many Thanks

This is my first post to the forum I appologize in advance if this is the wrong thread …

Sure :slight_smile: First I just uninstalled the nvidia-340 driver with pacman (not sure if you need to do this).

Then I used mhwd to find my driver:

mhwd --listinstalled

and then I just used the remove command with sudo:

sudo mhwd --remove pci video-nvidia-340xx

I’m also a total noob, so don’t know if you need to do these steps at all, but at least it worked for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Habe auch Probleme mit dem Update. Kernel ist 5.8.6.

Warnung: Kann “linux58-ndiswrapper” nicht auflösen (eine Abhängigkeit von “linux-latest-ndiswrapper”)
:: Das folgende Paket kann aufgrund nicht auflösbarer Abhängigkeiten nicht aktualisiert werden:
linux-latest-ndiswrapper

linux58-ndiswrapper ist nicht installiert und auch nicht im Repro verfügbar, dafür aber linux57-ndiswrapper.

Gruß

Boot with Kernel 5.4
Went into tty - pamac checkupdates -a and pamac update all went fine
Shut down- Boot up the new installed Kernel, 5.8.6-1
check:
sudo journalctl -p err --since today no errors

:blush: Thank you

I have Laptop ASUS Vivobook X556UQK, with manjaro gnome working fine, and I am trying to install Manjaro 20.1 Mikah KDE Plasma from scratch, and I have a problem with the keyboard.

Boot from a pendrive and In the first screen, the keyboard works perfect, but when I go to kde plasma to continue with the installation only the function keys work (ej fn+f2 wifi on, etc) but non other keystroke or a sigle key or number, cannot type anything in the console or any text box.

The mouse works perfectly, I try to go to settings to change the keyboard settings, but I still can’t write even though I have tried various settings.

Any suggestion? Does anyone else have this problem?

maybe this is the problem:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=257963

External Keyboard? Otherwise after install, install 5.4 Kernel and Test

See post #14 in the link for the workaround. It did the trick for my Asus laptop. There’s no kernel patch yet, afaik.
You could also install the 5.4 LTS kernel (use on-screen keyboard for that).

EDIT: @philm You might wanna look into that. It has been reported here and on the arch forum not only by Asus users but also by Acer users. Affected are all 5.8 and 5.9 kernels that I have tried so far. No problems reported with linux54 LTS.

Here’s the topic that I opened a couple weeks ago in order to find a solution:

I also tried a workaround using an udev rule - which is working for me. No idea how to fix that stuff on the kernel side.

1 Like

Got a signature error with updating mhwd. Refreshed my keys, got one error, but the update worked afterwards.

Linux54, manjaro gnome vanilla

I’ve got this error:
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: xhci_pci
in fact xhci_pci is regarding to USB 3.x controller but after reboot I couldn’t use my keyboard at the login screen so new update seems useless for me. I hope new patch comes. Maybe problem is coming from different cause.

Install the firmware from AUR upd72020x-fw or wait unit manjaro developers patch this in the next stable Kernel (it’s exist also on the 5.9 RC5)

1 Like

I did this: did not updated linux-latest-ndiswrapper in pamac-gui and the update process worked. I marked it not to update. If you need ndiswrapper keep using linux57.

1 Like

In my case, I found that linux-latest-ndiswrapper wasn’t a dependency of any other package on my computer:

$ pactree -r linux-latest-ndiswrapper
linux-latest-ndiswrapper

So I simply removed linux-latest-ndiswrapper from my computer and ran an ordinary update:

sudo pacman -R linux-latest-ndiswrapper
sudo pacman -Syyu

After rebooting, all is well.

I see that @philm maintains linux-latest-ndiswrapper. Perhaps he will fix this problem for users who actually need the package.

3 Likes