[Stable Update] 2020-09-08 - Kernels, Mesa, Browsers, KDE Apps 20.08.1, Systemd, LibreOffice 7.0.1, Deepin

see up @papajoke

Rt3090bc4 not working in 5.4 and 5.7 kernels without boot flag pci_aspm=no or pci=noaer , both of THEM are working too.
Without these parameters there is no possibility to view any WiFi… What is going on?

Thanks, I overlooked that part.

But somehow after the upgrading of mlocate, it seems the permissions of /var/lib/mlocate are set to 750. At least not with my interference. So I hope I didn’t had to chmod /var/lib/mlocate before the upgrading.

Updated 3 versions of Manjaro Openbox on 2 Desktops and 1 laptop no problem other than the mlocate permissions (solution from @papajoke)

No issues on XFCE via TTY.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to set default locale after stable update

It’s a wiki: you can edit it and add it yourself. Just include the commands you used for resolving it…

cc @papajoke Do the same for the chmod?

:innocent:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Installed 450 nvidia driver and it’s broken

I had an issue with no audio upon reboot after the upgrade. My internal laptop speakers were showing up as a microphone. I rebooted again and audio is now working.

I’m seeing some lag in telegram

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with Manjaro ISO’s using kernels newer that 5.4

I made the update on three computers:
1 * KDE and 2 * XFCE.

All went fine.

Same issue as @ktg and @destoxes , and solved by remove the cuda.

Upgrade to nvidia-450 and reinstall the cuda, now everything seems work perfectly. Thanks

Updated my HP Spectre laptop last evening. All went fine, no isues.

Two items have broken, first is Plex Media Server won’t start and the other is my wireless AX200. I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to Linux, so I’m still trying to figure out why the Plex Media Server service fails. The other, my wireless AX200, I’ve fixed once before when it broke during the 8/28/2020 update. The cause then was the firmware provided by Manjaro wasn’t working and I had to download a new one. Not sure where to start though for this Plex issue.

Smooth update from console, Amd Apu+Radeon driver+KDE, only had to reinstall the dark theme in Palemoon cause it switched off, thanks Manjaro Team

With 5.8.6 kernel sometimes it gets stuck in the login screen!!
Any solution?
Or is it a bug?

1 Like

I did the update last night from the console and it did not return any errors or warnings, But I no longer have the animations and transparencies, I’ll explain:

• When I switch between virtual desktops there is no animation (despite being activated by the settings)

• When I open a new window or minimize it I have no animations

• Even Latte has lost all transparency and animation (despite being activated)

• All transparencies have disappeared

Kernel 5.7.19-2-MANJARO
Plasma 5.19.5
KDE 5.73.0
Latte 0.9.11-1

This is my first post so sorry if I haven’t added any useful information…

:: nvidia-450xx-utils and nvidia-440xx-utils are in conflict (nvidia-libgl). Remove nvidia-440xx-utils? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'nvidia-440xx-utils=440.100' required by linux419-nvidia-440xx
:: removing nvidia-440xx-utils breaks dependency 'nvidia-440xx-utils' required by lib32-nvidia-440xx-utils
error installing repo packages

When I tired to install with octopi I got that the command finished with errors. It really didn’t do anything so I tried with the terminal and discovered the issue. Is there at 450 version of that dependency that breaks?

check if the compositors are enabled in display and monitors settings. If inactivated, enable it and reboot/logout and login

2 Likes